Graph Analysis

• cgoldie
      cgoldie
      Bronze
      Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this graph from SnGLuck/HoldEmLuck. It's an app used with pokertracker to help calculate EV and variance for cash games and tournaments (it's a great tool).

The problem is I don't quite understand the tournament dollar EV. I initially thought it was to represent EV in winnings and your actual winnings but its quite far from the actual results. As you can see in the image it says my EV is $21 and my actual winnings are $18. However my actual winnings are only $12 (this is not due to different tourny types I tried for just 1).

If anyone uses this app or similar do you know if this is a bug? Or is the tournament dollars a representation of something other than actual winnings?

Thanks!

• 1 reply
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Looks to me like only the all-in hands (all-in before the river) are graphed. T dollars won or lost in all other pots are not represented in the graph at all. The (T)(10^3) label on the y-axis looks odd to me and honestly I would like to see how all this is calculated before I trust it. Hold'em Manager graphs sng ev as well and is probably better.