BB checks

Flop: ($0.90) 9d , 2h , 10c
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

Turn: ($0.65) KDiamond (2 players)
      BB bets 0.80
      Hero Calls
      Button Raises to 4.10
      BB and Hero Folds

Button played very few hands, like 10 % at the most. Never when to showdown before this hand was played. Lat
  • 6 replies
    • XZaar
      XZaar
      Bronze
      Really weak, u should bet flop and bet turn. I can't believe you folded the set so easy. What do you bet with?
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Interesting. Before you read this I'll state that I'm not a poker strategist wizard, just a player who's playing alot and trying to learn.

Hmmm....not sure what hand you were afraid of losing to? There's not a lot on the board to scare you off. Were you worried about a higher set? Or a set of Kings? There's no possible completed flush as of yet.

Would button check in with KK or AA? Seems unlikely....might check in with QJ so there might be a straight I guess.

The fact that he's not bet anything is probably your major concern but how big is the sample size?

I personally think it's most likely he has K10 or K9 or something but he might have hit a straight - That'd be the only hand to worry about I *think* as I would hope he would raise preflop with KK.

I'd be inclined to call unless you have 100's of hands of history and he's only betting like 10% or under.

Anyone else agree/disagree?
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Just used the Equilator. Based on a 10% calling range from Button you were an 83% favourite on flop and 80% on turn.

So I'd say I was right in my first post. Call. :)
    • XZaar
      XZaar
      Bronze
      Not call... Shove... hehehe
    • CBFunk
      CBFunk
      Bronze
      Hi hqdlaty,

I move the thread in the right forum:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1387

where our handjudges will have a look at your hand and tell you what you could have played better.

Good luck at the tables :)

Clemens
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raise preflop.

As played just lead out unless you have good reasons to believe one of them will bet behind you. There are plenty of worse hands that can call a bet but won't necessarily bet when checked to.

As played the turn is gross. BB could have stuff like KT/K9 and other two pair hands since he got a freeplay so we can't really bother with him too much. It's generally admitted you shouldn't fold a set when in doubt, but when some relatively tight player suddenly pots it after BB overbets and you flat when QJ got there it feels really uneasy, as he's probably not the kind of player to overplay a top pair unless maybe the fact that he has a gutshot along with it makes him go nuclear for no good reason. Only other hand that fit nicely for him not betting the flop is K9 but he might not play that preflop if he's tight.

Hard to say, sometimes I get a really bad vibe and I just fold, other times I jam it in anyway. No point in just calling.

Hope it helps.