farbwenz
      Bronze
      I just played a game with roughly this distribution at the bubble:
      HERO: 4500
      2: 2000
      3: 4500
      4: 2000
      5: 2000

when I was SB it was easy, i could push very loose. however, how should I act on the other bigstack?
      raise loosely? he could exploit it and push quite often.
      push with 20 BB left? bad risk/reward-ratio

also I would like to get money from the other 2 stacks. but with the Bigstack in between, I have the same trouble. It was a 2$ turbo with the first 4 paid, I should add^^
  • 3 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      That your opponent could exploit something does not mean your opponent will. You should often play in an exploitable fashion, but be aware that your opponents may be exploiting you.

Against good opponents, you can push 20 bb at times when you are quite risk averse. This takes the ability to resteal away from your opponent. If your opponent is quite risk-averse against you, then he should not call very often. If you believe your opponent will not call often, then you may be able to push a wide range even if you risk a lot compared with the rewards of stealing the blinds.

However, be careful that many players call too widely on the bubble, and you are quite vulnerable to bad calls which hurt both big stacks. Even some winning players seem unable to fold AK even when they need 70% equity against your range to call, and they don't have that with AKs against a random hand. Don't count on an unknown player folding AK, or even AJ if your image is loose.

Against a bad player, you may be better off making many small raises. Against a good player, you may be better off pushing.
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      okay thanks for that explanation:)
      and, by the way, thanks for all the explanations your giving, no matter how stupid the questions^^ I think I didn't say that yet, even though I took quite a bit of your time:D
      Bronze
      Originally posted by farbwenz
      okay thanks for that explanation:)
      and, by the way, thanks for all the explanations your giving, no matter how stupid the questions^^ I think I didn't say that yet, even though I took quite a bit of your time:D
      +1.

Though there is no such thing as a stupid question in a strategy forum unless its rigged related I would also like to say thanks. Piles of answers to anything thrown in here and all very detailed with full explanations.