[NL2-NL10] NL25 SH: fdraw+pair

• rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      CO:
      $22.16
      SB:
      $27.22
      MP2:
      $53.96
      Hero:
      $24.90
      BU:
      $29.20
      BB:
      $24.65

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , T:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.68, CO calls $0.68, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.71) K:spade: , 7:spade: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, CO raises to $3.00, Hero raises to $24.22 (All-In), CO folds.

bet/push ok?

Final Pot: $28.93
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I'm not too sure. You have about 30% EQ versus flush/set and a flip versus Kx. You might even have the best hand.

I guess your bet is OK as long as CO can fold a K. I'd say that your FE versus K's more than makes up for the times you are up against a set/flush.
      CO could be semi-bluffing with a big :spade: in which case your bet loses the chance of stacking villain when a fourth :spade: hits.

If you make a "std. size raise" by putting in another $9 or so then you will be committed on any turn card with possibly no FE.

I think that maybe a flat-call and lead the turn for a 3/4psb might be best.

I'd be interested to hear Puschkin's word on this one.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi rubysilesia!

I would just call his raise and reevaluate on the turn. If you don't hit one of your outs: call any turn bet. Otherwise: bet and raise. I don't like a push here because only better hands will call you. Although you might be in a coinflip situation including your fold equity I think it's better to reevaluate the situation on later streets. Other thoughts?

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81