UTG ($45.25)
      Hero ($34.28)
      UTG+2 ($17.40)
      MP1 ($8.15)
      MP2 ($8.92)
      CO ($26.51)
      BTN ($21.01)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: T:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.85, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.80) T:diamond: 8:spade: 5:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.35, BB calls $1.35

TURN ($4.50) T:diamond: 8:spade: 5:diamond: 9:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB calls $3

RIVER ($10.50) T:diamond: 8:spade: 5:diamond: 9:spade: 6:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $6, BB raises to $15, Hero calls $9

Villain plays 36/7 over 14 hands

I do open these kind of hands from UTG now and then, just because ppl on this limit fold waaay to much preflop. I guess the hands plays itself until the river. I can't see any hands that I beat that would raise the river. Also, villain seems to be on the passive side (although no sample size obv).
  • 4 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I cant really see him having a better hand then you here very often at all.

When he calls the flop it makes 2 spades pretty unlikely as you have the T and J and I don't see any 2 spade hands calling that flop that don't contain a T or J.

He played it like a straightdraw and bet when it hit, I'd probably shove the rest in.

His stats are pretty fishy and a straights a straight to a lot of fish, regardless of the board

It's possible for him to call with 74s, AKs or AQs, maybe A5s but that's only 4 (very Unlikely) hands. I actually would say the straightflush is the most likely of the flushes
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Barrel the turn bigger, we still don't have a strong made hand but our equity is good. We don't mind if we have to get the money in right here but it wouldn't be bad if we just scooped the pot either.

As played I bet/jam the river because of what brado says... it's hard for him to show up with a better flush here, he's gonna have a straight way more often. You're simply gonna miss a shitload of value against his range if you just flat against his raise imo.
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      Bigger on the turn.

Jam river, not close.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think flop and turn play is fine
      You have there oesfd with top pair that are ahead quite a lot of hands but I think you don´t really have to bet bigger to get value form too many worse hands
      I´d also shove river. His c/r range should be wider than Q high flushes and he should call you down maybe with straights or 54s. If you don´t think he is c/r river only flushes then b/c river is fine