Used to be a winning cash game player...

• Pkrpains
      Ok guys. Here's the deal.

Long time ago (~2 years) I deposited 75 bucks at Everest poker and started my online career at 2NL FR. Studied pretty hard, followed BRM and eventually found myself being capable of playing at 100NL 6max. (I started playing 6max at NL10). But this is not what matters.

After that, I had to cashout some moneyz and take a kind of long break from poker.

So obviously I came back recently. I am rolled for NL50 and this is where I jumped off. Really tried to make my comeback successful. Registered at DC, watched videos, reviewed my hands and stuff. But the problem is: Either online games got so tougher over a short period of time, or I just somehow became a donk and suck at poker despite my effort to be good again. Here's the graph after my comeback:

And the stats
      VPIP: 23.3 PFR: 19.0 3Bet: 7.2 Agg.F: 2.61 WTSD: 26.1 W$SD: 48.2

I know 40k hands is not the best sample size, but I just can't imagine a good NL50 player having a graph similiar to this. Even though I am below EV, both lines do not look good to me.

Any advices? Can I just blame it on variance? Any insight on my possible problems/leaks?

ANY help I would greatly appreciate.

EDIT: Oh and btw, this graph is a little bit off, it shows my result 100$ too low. This is because I stacked one guy for 100BB, but somehow HEM thinks I lost that hand. Tried many things to fix that. So I'm -337 down.
  • 6 replies
    • Pkrpains
      Wow, thanks for your great help. :heart:
    • justkyle88
      Hey Pkrpains,

WE can safely assume that this "could" just be variance. But I do agree that maybe a good REG might not have the same kind of graph but it is possible.
      Check this cool site out. Its a EV/varience simulator.
      Could give you an incite on how you might be running.

• Fongie
      There is absolutely nothing that can be said about your game by just seeing the graph and your stats, except the fairly obvious thing that you aren't winning enough at showdown compared to how often you're going there :f_p:

You should always expect to have to constantly work on your game to keep up your skills, so just work hard and you'll start winning again.
      You could also take a shortcut to finding what you're doing wrong by either sweat sessions, or coaching. Those aren't a substitute for actually working on your game yourself though ;)
    • Bierbaer
      Originally posted by Pkrpains
      Wow, thanks for your great help. :heart:
      Sorry, I didn't see this thread earlier :( .

Fongie covered it pretty much.
      My advice would also be to a) start posting hands and b) have someone look over your game, sweat sessions are probably a good way to start out.
    • BogdanPS
      There isn't much to add here (given the information provided) other than to make sure you review your play as much as possible. If you can't find enough spots where you potentially made mistakes get someone else to look them over for you (either by posting them here or 1-on-1).
    • OZSA
      the game got tougher thats 100% true imo, I only started in 2009 september and even since that its getting harder and harder imo, less and less fish i see daily. but if ur good ur ev line should be higher then this, maybe ur too loose at showdowns, if you post hands where u lost a full stack or more those can help.. evaluate every hand after half or 1hour session