Stop being a whiny bitch and play some poker

• ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hi all. ok so this is my 3rd attempt at blogging hope it goes better than the other 2 which were both epic fails thanks to me ignoring BRM

Heres a quick bit bout me if you wanna know more just ask, names Carl im 21 and living in a small seaside town in the north of England. Played poker for about 4 years if you have ever been lucky enough to sit on the same table as me im sure i donated to you in the past at some point :f_biggrin:

Where am i now?

I deposited a small amount of my own money ($50ish) on pokerstars about 3 weeks ago and played about 25k hands of NL2 FR made it upto about $115 and started to speak to a few people about SH i read the poker blueprint all the time still playing FR to try and build a BR but i think reading about how aggressive SH is while playing FR put me off and into freefall dropping to about $70 in just not many hands and decided to switch to SH at the start of last week somewhere inbetween i bought holdem manager,

Heres my first graph, circled is where i started to play short hand NL2 and bout 12.5k hands NL5 SH:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

also ive had couple of $10 bonus releases that wont show up on the graph and im currently at a BR of $150 also have some goals:

:club: Crush NL5 with sample of 50k hands
      :diamond: With ~30 BI's move to NL10 maybe less than 30 to take shots if im running shit hot
      :heart: Find decent video series on NLSH
      :spade: Find players to start a challenge with

About the last goal, im looking for people around the same part of their poker journey as me to start a challenge. Just thought of this idea as i was reading so i dont actually have a challenge in mind yet suggestions welcome.

Okay gotta leave it as that for now ill update tomorrow hopefuly with ideas about a challenge and some pics to make this blog a pretty one.

Carl
  • 20 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      ok so the circle didnt show on the graph its meant to be halfway down the dip after 4k hands
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Best of luck with the challenge. I'm currently doing the same, playing NL5 although its FR and not on PokerStars. It's not easy playing the micro's especially with the fish making silly plays but in the longterm they are easy enough to beat.

Gary
    • mechopuh
      mechopuh
      Bronze
      Good luck with the challenge. I'm also playing on stars NL5 but mostly fullring. I would definately follow your progres :)
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Silver
      I too am currently grinding NL5, although it's FR Rush on Full Tilt. :tongue:

Out of curiousity, which seaside town from the north is it you're from? Sounds familiar to where im from ya see. :f_o:

Best of luck mate, will definitely be following!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Heyho, i've been trying to rebuild my roll hitting NL2SH too, heres my graph so far, I plan to play a few k more hands before moving to nl5sh, if you wana do sweats/some motivation challenge lemmie know!

Heres my graph, would be cool if we did some sweats:
      http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4474/nl2graph.png
    • lee200
      lee200
      Bronze
      3rd time lucky for sure mate. I'll be joining you on NL5 SH soon (nearly finished the Poker Blueprint!), so I'm up for a challenge/sweat too
    • Pokrovec
      Pokrovec
      Bronze
      Heya, tomorow i'll start too with NL5 but FR so if you are interested in some chalenge count me in :D
      Btw nice graph you have there...
      Best luck to all of you, see you at the tables
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      thanks for replies no time for update just now but will do very soon skype name is externaluseonly89 if anyone wants to chat about playing SH or NL5 or sweats or whatever gotta update my goals too was ina rush when i wrote em maybe get chance later
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      So since my opening post ive only managed to play about 700 hands busy time right now but hopefuly tonight im going to get a few k hands in.

DannyG - Im near Hull if thats anywhere near you? Let me know.

So i want to update my goals theres nothing wrong with the ones i have but they're just short term so here we go,

:heart: By the end of this year i hope to have played 70-80k hands maybe more if i get the time and be owning NL10, after this i want to move up stakes quickly ill take shots, opening up 1 or 2 tables at the next stakes with around 25 BI's if i lose 4 or 5 ill move back down immediately and grind back upto 25 BI's i 6 table btw and ill only open all 6 tables at a level when i have 30BI's. Ill do this until i reach NL50 then my BRM will get a bit of a shake up

I dont think im particularly driven by the money side although it will be nice when im destroying NL200+ :f_biggrin: What im driven by is wanting to be the best at something. Knowing that when i sit at a table i can beat everyone there. This is why i want to move stakes quickly without disrespecting the micros or thinking im better than them i just think there is alot more to learn and room to improve at NL50+.

My minds gone blank and i cant think of my other goals that i had 10 mins ago lol ill edit this when they come back to me have some real life goals though.

:club: Im getting married in July and need to get a suit but i have no idea where to start and also a stag weekend i think were gonna go away but we dont know where yet so let me know the best places to party everyone.

Finaly for now if anyone ever needed motivation to get interested in poker surely this is it:

The wonderful Live Boeree there :D
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      well heres todays graph need to take a break now from this crazy game for today :f_cry:

• Pokrovec
      Pokrovec
      Bronze
      heads up its just litlle below 3 BI thats nothing ;) what about this competition you want to start? I started to play NL5 2 days ago so iam ready to join any kind of competition that would help us to improve our game....

write some ideas maybe we can figure out together some challenge here :D
      good luck and have fun :s_cool:
    • lee200
      lee200
      Bronze
      Stick with it mate. Like Pokrovec says it's only 3 BI and you are running -EV. You got your money in good, so it wasn't a bad decision that lost you the dollars
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      oh i know i wasnt bitching or anything i know it happens and worse just wanted to post my bad day dont wanna just post good days or will never learn eh i quit before i tilted so i think thats a good start i believe i was still playing my A game until after losing the last buy in but could feel myself getting a bit spewy so i left before i donated some more.

I didnt have a very good day the day before either and my BR is at $127 atm im not worried though im going to stick with NL5 because i know i can crush it.

half way through writing this i started another session and back up another 3 BI's so yesterday doesnt look as bad as it did at the time. I have some hands marked to post ill do that later or maybe tomorrow after this session

@pokrovec: Im not sure ive never been involved in a challenge before so throw some ideas at me what about race to NL10 using proper BRM or most profit in certain amount of time/hands i dunno???

@Lee, you started SH and finished the blueprint yet mate?

Still i need to hear from people about the best party city in europe for my stag party, got a few months left yet so plenty of time but give me your thoughts for a great weekend.

anyone else add me on skype if you wanna talk poker: externaluse only89
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I think i can just about say ive survived my first real swing i know i havent played that many hands and i know its small compared to whats gonna come my way but for someone who in the past has shown very lil patience and thrown BRM out the window i think this an awesome result and im proud of myself for not tilting away my BR.

Hands to come later but i have to cook for the fiance, sirlolin steak black bean stir fry yum yum
    • lee200
      lee200
      Bronze
      Nice one. Have you thought about Barcelona for your stag do? Easy to get to, easy to get around, loads of bars and clubs and the women are gorgeous. Oh, wait a minute, you're getting married. Window shopping only for you from now on :D :D :D
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      hmm sometimes poker is just fucking wank. 2nd day of running like steven hawking now. obv i know its small swing for some but its the first real test for me i think i played A game at least 95% of the time too. think it makes it worse for me because of how well i was running before this. This is how the last 2 days look:

Now i cant be too disapointed im still in profit and just need to get my mind right before i sit down at the tables again or im just gonna piss more money away, only want to see my graph go up from now on!

My biggest problem is post flop play which isnt good playing SH. i know at NL5 All i should be thinking is value value value but my non SDwinnings suck balls atm i cant work out where im going wrong i know im folding too often post flop but not sure if its because im too loose preflop to start with i dunno if i even made anysense but im just glad i could vent a lil. Anyway off to bed no poker tomorrow i think break then after that fucking crush this limit.
    • lee200
      lee200
      Bronze
      All right mate. Do you have any hands you want to share?
    • Pokrovec
      Pokrovec
      Bronze
      Head up mate!!
      Share some hands we can help you find some leaks if you want ...

and btw check my blog challenge is coming :D
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      woooohoooo long time no update!!

The new blog title is my new challenge lets see how it goes

Not played for a while before this week and it all started so well:

this is the last 3 and a bit days playing NL5sh i dunno what happened obviously i have some major leaks somewhere but the main thing i think that through all this i didnt tilt once i just laughed it off and i think i made the right decisions at least 90% of the time obv need to sort the other 10% out but im not gonna whine about it.

I think for now its gonna have to be back to NL2 since im down to about $110 really need to rebuild some confidence hopefuly this will do it.

I think this blog needs more females in it:

And in a RL update car finaly blew up knew it wasnt gonna last long and atm i cant afford another one with it being christmas birthdays, paying for wedding etc but still trying not to be a whiny bitch.

Anyway off to work out how to post hands hope you all have better luck at the tables than me! :s_biggrin: