This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 Rush - T7s - flopped straight - 120bb

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($105)
      Hero ($61.40)
      UTG ($40.25)
      UTG+1 ($51.10)
      CO ($113)
      BTN ($56.20)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: T:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3) J:spade: 8:spade: 9:club:

SB bets $2.50, Hero raises to $7.50, SB calls $5

TURN ($18) J:spade: 8:spade: 9:club: J:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $12, SB raises to $86.75, Hero calls $40.40 (AI)

RIVER ($122) J:spade: 8:spade: 9:club: J:heart: K:diamond:

villain is 23/18/1, 96 hands
      I think we have to raise flop since it's very drawy - probably I should raise a lot more - but 3x opponents bet is what I would raise with my bluffs too so it's difficult to make it a lot more.

I'm not sure about my turn call. I think it really depends on whether villain is ever check/shoving AJ/KJ. Against {AJ,88,99} we have 44%, needing only 33% for a breakeven call so that's fine. If he's only shoving sets here, it's an insta fold.

I don't think he ever has bare overpairs (QQ+) here since he should be frightened of me having a Jx type hand.

any other thoughts?
      Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Can we not 3bet pre-flop against him? How often does he open his SB? I mean T7s is an okish hand but the hand is not super strong and if he opens wide I'd rather 3bet this for sure unless you've got a read on him that he raises a lot of SB's, c-bets 1 street and then gives up because then calling is fine.

Post flop it kinda sucks but I don't think I'm getting away from this. I do think you make his turn shove range a bit too narrow thou. It's really easy for him to do this with a JT kind of hand (a lot of outs)... he might even do this with QJ (altho less likely).
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      Pre is w/e.

Flop I'd make a bit bigger (also with bluffs).

Turn I'd make a bit bigger too (you want to be able to shove the river when he calls). I don't think you can get away from it when he shoves. I mean, you have a straight BvB and he can spazz out with draws & valueshove worse.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ok, thanks - thought the call on turn was usually ok too. Pre, we only have 96 hands so not enough to know about sb oR tendencies or to have any reads. I think 3betting maybe overplaying therefore.

Turn bet sizing is interesting. If villain calls river is $42 and we have $40 left. Well, it's not a classic 2/3 pz shove but a shove nonetheless. I guess we could bet bigger, though, since there are some draws and even Jx has a bunch of fh outs.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You can 3-bet pf or just call. i think both options are fine
      I wouldn´t really b/f never on the turn. He can have there enough worse hands that he is going to c/rai starting with Jx and ending TT or overpairs
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,

I dont think he could have just some crapy Jx hands (unless he is fish). But still easyer call than looks. Like falcone said: make it bigger cause u want to be able to get it in and protect against FDs also. You are still deep.

I think he could sometimes even ch/shove there AA,QQ, so i added all AA combos.

Board: Js 8s 9c Jh
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 51.724% 51.10% 00.63% 652 8.00 { AA, 99-88, AJs, KJs, QTs, J8s+, AJo }
      Hand 1: 48.276% 47.65% 00.63% 608 8.00 { Tc7c

NH