ICM knowledge impact on ROI?

• cgoldie
      I've been playing super turbo push/fold fests lately and been doing pretty well with about 3% ROI for $1+10 over 233 games and 2% ROI for $2+20 over 44 games.

I decided to download ICM trainer to see how close I was to optimal as these games are 95% preflop play.

I managed to score 90%, not great but not the worst either.

My main question is what sort of score with something like ICM trainer do decent winning STT players get at the micro levels? Do you need to get your knowledge to 100% to be a consistent winning player and move up in stakes?

My other question is if I fix my ICM skill up to 100% how big of an impact will this have on my ROI?
  • 2 replies
    • bradomurder
      ICM is the most important part of sng by far. I think you could be profitable by folding until the push/fold stage and having perfect push/fold ranges.

However ICM trainer assumes opponents use the ICM ranges which in reality they dont. Apparently SNG Wiz is the Biz but I dont have it and i've been beating sng for a long time by guessing how loose/tight opponents will be compared with ICM ranges, which are shown on ICM trainer.

I just put in heaps of hours on hand evaluation forums

I know this is vague but I Hope it helps.
    • alejandrosh
      since superturbos is all about push or folding getting a bigger knowledge on ICM can only make your ROI go up. be carefull about some of the ranges that ICM trainer says since those ranges are perfect but against perfect oponents

by the way, 200 games is NO samplesize.