BTN: $11.91
      SB: $10.52
      BB: $10.95
      Hero (UTG): $11.28
      UTG+1: $13.19
      MP1: $9.90

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with A :club: K :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 6 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) A :spade: Q :club: A :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.85) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $3.20, Hero raises to $10.88 all in, BB calls $7.35 all in

River: ($21.95) 6 :club: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Villain is 11/9/2.1 over 1.6k hands
      3% 3bet

Although good pf stats he seems to go too much to showdown, wtsd 30%.

Question is, I think I should've cbet, as played to raise his turn bet will I be called by worse hands ?( AT, AJ would stick around, TT? JJ and AK I think he would 3bet...

Kinda lost.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would prob cbet flop -- but don't think checking is a mistake since he has few hands that can call in this situation. He's unlikely to make the second best hand on the turn, but you will prob get an extra bet vs some of his range.

Turn: One of the reasons to cbet is too avoid situations like this. Since you checked the flop, he might be trying to rebuff you or something; or he might just have AQ, AK, 77. You are crushed by his value range since such a player doesn't play lower aces preflop. It's hard to say if you should fold or all-in without knowing more about his play / your previous interactions.

I would tend not to raise turn without reads that he is suspicious. Otherwise you are prob not getting called by worse. The 30% WTSD doesn't mean a great deal vs tight players. Since he has such a strong range, WTSD is going to be higher in general. The extra high figure could be either from calling too much, or not value betting enough.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Hi,

I would prob cbet flop -- but don't think checking is a mistake since he has few hands that can call in this situation. He's unlikely to make the second best hand on the turn, but you will prob get an extra bet vs some of his range.

Turn: One of the reasons to cbet is too avoid situations like this. Since you checked the flop, he might be trying to rebuff you or something; or he might just have AQ, AK, 77. You are crushed by his value range since such a player doesn't play lower aces preflop. It's hard to say if you should fold or all-in without knowing more about his play / your previous interactions.

I would tend not to raise turn without reads that he is suspicious. Otherwise you are prob not getting called by worse. The 30% WTSD doesn't mean a great deal vs tight players. Since he has such a strong range, WTSD is going to be higher in general. The extra high figure could be either from calling too much, or not value betting enough.
      Sounds good. If the main value you think you'd get on the turn is from rebluffs, just call the 3bet. It will signal strength and make good players shutdown, but they would have folded to a jam anyway. Bad players might not think it through and make the mistake of shoving the river into you.

Hope it helps.