This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR QQ on monochrome K-high board

• Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($26.38)
      BB ($27.27)
      UTG ($7.99)
      UTG+1 ($32.31)
      UTG+2 ($29)
      CO ($10)
      Hero ($25.36)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.75, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.75, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $2

FLOP ($5.85) 6:heart: T:heart: K:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $4, UTG+1 calls $4

TURN ($13.85) 6:heart: T:heart: K:heart: 9:spade:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($13.85) 6:heart: T:heart: K:heart: 9:spade: 8:club:

UTG+1 bets $6.25, Hero calls $6.25

Villain is 26/23/2.7AF over 41 hands

Hello,

What kind of line do you think I should take on a board like this? I think the c-bet is okay because he will probably fold a lot of his hands especially without a heart. I think he will be betting most of the time after I check behind on the turn, but his bet size makes it look like a value bet, where he might bet more with a busted draw. Should I call his river bet?

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      Why so big pre?

I think the cbet doesn't really accomplish much, except maybe some value from hands like 99 with a heart or the naked A, but you're not really ahead against those, so meh. It's not like he's gonna fold a King here.

On the river I think you're beat by practically everything, except a few combo's of A Q/J (4 combo's in all?).

So fold.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would also check back flop, since I think he may c/r there with flushdraws and you can´t really call him down
      Calling his river bet is fine. He can valuebet worse hands or bluff with busted draws
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Hello again.

Thank you very much for the input. In regards to the 3-bet size, I usually raise 1 or 2bb less here so I probably just scrolled too much on my mouse. :f_eek: