Dublimax
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.50 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $66.55
      SB: $24.97 VP:41/PR:26
      Hero (BB): $61.10
      UTG: $50.00
      MP: $57.00 VP:19/PR:15/AFq:53/Flop CBet:72% (5k hands)
      CO: $15.00

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has Q:spade: A:spade:

fold, MP raises to $1.75, fold, fold, SB calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.25, 3 players) 3:diamond: A:club: 6:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP bets $3.50, SB calls $3.50, Hero raises to $9.50, MP calls $6.00, fold

Turn: ($27.75, 2 players) 4:spade:
      Hero checks, MP bets $18.50, Hero calls $18.50

River: ($64.75, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero bets $31.35, fold

Mp is 15/15 from EP so I flat call pre eventhough I could probably have squeezed to isolate fish.
      I know MP will CBet on A high board and fish will probaly call so I C/R. I suspect fish has a FD so I need to raise rather than C/C to protect.

Once MP call I put him on AT+. I know that he doesn't put me on very strong hand like AK since I didn't 3B pre. For him with my C/R on the flop I can have easily A3s,A6s for instance. At that time that's what I wanted to sell so I played the hand as if I had A6. C/R and bet turn looks so strong so I C/C turn with the idea of donking the river.

And then I donk the river hoping that he will fold his AQ+.

Was it a bit overthinking there or nicely done?
  • 3 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      I like preflop. You can't really count on the PFR folding and the fish calling if you 3bet, and AQs plays well in a multiway pot.

Do you think the PFR will often cbet this flop with air into two opponents? Seems pretty optimistic to me. I'd probably lead this flop a lot. If you check/raise, what are you planning to do if the PFR shoves? You're pretty dead against a range of sets, AK & TP+NFD. And in any case your c/r is too small (you give direct odds to any draw).

I don't understand the river check. If you thought you were ahead and needed to protect on the flop, then you're still ahead on this card. He's never gonna bluff you here, so it's probably a fold once you check.

On the river you try to bluff him off one specific hand (TPTK nonetheless), when all the draws missed and the board paired (making sets less likely)... It's just not gonna work very often. If he folded, you had the best hand anyway.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      If you lead the flop you are saying I have an ace. Isn't your hand face up then?

If PFR shove on my raise I have to fold. I am happy enough I know he has AK.

On the flop I needed to protect vs fish that can have a FD (dont think PFR has one here)

I suppose the real question here is should I donk the turn after my flop C/R or C/C turn and donk river
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would not really played that way
      Problem c/r flop is that he has there very hard calling you down and you really don´t have to turn your hand into bluff
      I would lead out flop myself or c/c flop and then lead out turn myself
      As played: I think c/c river is better option. he won´t really shove Ak, but might shove missed flushdraws