building up bankroll

• altkiki
      altkiki
      Bronze
      hello,

i'm intersted if you, experienced guys, could give me suggestions about what would be the fastest way to buid up a bankroll (especialy for a beginner at the micro stakes). i mainly played sng's so far, and i intend to learn NL bss as well, but i just feel that without programs like HoldemManager or SitNGo Wizard i just can't make it. now, since i don't have a big enough bankroll to afford those programs i'm interested in fast methods to build one.

i played for about one year, and had many and big downswings, that's why now i have a rather conservative bankroll management (am playing sng's with 1% or less of my bankroll) at micro stakes, and my ROI is pending somewhere between 5% and 10% (figures from more then 1k games played). the only plan i came up with si to play many $guarranteed MTT besides the sng's, with a bankroll management like 1% for sng's and 0,5% for MTT's.

i'm intersted if there are any other faster ways to make some $, or any other suggestions, i also would like to know if someone has the same skills in sng's as in NL bss wich way would be the most profitable... any ideas? :)

ty
  • 3 replies
    • marecrocop
      marecrocop
      Bronze
      to reduce swings i would recomend FL games because there is a low variance compared NL

and of course, stick to 300bb BRM

Isn't the fastest, but is safest ;)
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Imo the fastest and funnest way could be the MTT SnGs on stars (the 45man and even more the 180man games). U can pick up more than 100$ for winning the 4.40$ game and I doubt there's any other games out there that can help u achieve such success so early. Yeah it might not happen anytime soon but once u learn how to make it happen on a regular basis ... well let's just say that's when the fun starts :D
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Hey altkiki;

I havent played many SNGs because I dont like them, so this is going to be only general answer, but it's sufficient IMO:

As long as you play microstakes, it's not that much important what kind of game it is. Level of all micro games is so low everywhere, that you can built bankroll pretty quickly no matter what you play if you dont make a lot of costly mistakes. Tracking software is definetely not necessary on NL10 or lower and i even think it's probably better to start without it.
      On the other hand, PokerStrategy developed it's own software called Elephant which is for free for our members, so you may want to take a look at it: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/9/

Originally posted by marecrocop
      to reduce swings i would recomend FL games because there is a low variance compared NL

and of course, stick to 300bb BRM

Isn't the fastest, but is safest ;)
      Was this supposed to be a joke? ;)

I played FL up to 10/20 and it's everything but not the safest.. Although is pretty soft on the micros (like any other game).

offtopic @300bb BRM rule and low variance: