dont trust hollywood poker and ongame in general!

• alien126
      In before,
      im alien126 and playing poker for 2 years.
      sry for my bad english, im a german and my enlglish isnt that good.
      i play regularly on full tilt and used to play on pokerstars (without any problems on both of this 2 sites).
      anytime i start to play on redkings with a friend (together on 1 table, and we used to play not against each other, what was a mistake.)
      after 3 days we were discovered and they froze bth of our acconts on redkings. me and my friend we accepted it and the we simply were done with the money on that accs (200 bux.. but we did act against the rules so...we r ok with that.)
      now, 1 year later, i registered on hollywood poker. both (redkings and hollywood poker) belongs to the "ongame network".
      AFTER i deposited 200 bux, my acc was immediately blocked and my just deposited money frozen. I surely didnt accept (and wont accept it in future)
      so i asked the support why and what to do.
      here i give u the "discussion", u can figure out yourself whats up.
      (if there is someone with a good advice id relly like it to get help.)

You are now chatting with Dyan (Chat Support)

Dyan: How may I help you today?
      hero: hello
      hero: i have a prob, my account (whoisreactin) is blocked
      Dyan: One moment please.
      Dyan: Let me check it for you.
      hero: ok thx
      Dyan: Thank you for waiting.
      Dyan: I have checked that your account is temporarily blocked.
      hero: why is that?
      Dyan: For security reasons, we are requiring you to send valid documents such as photo ID, Proof of Address and Moneybookers screenshot to reopen the account.
      hero: what? i cannot read anything about that stuff on ur page
      hero: i even dont can read something about that in forums and dont getit why i need this if i wanna payout MY DEPOSITED money?!
      hero: seems like a fraud to me btw
      Dyan: All players go through an investigation.
      hero: not true
      hero: even on other ongame sites it wasnt needet
      hero: and even if anyone has to do that its not ok, and i have nothing besides my drivers licene to proof my address
      Dyan: I can only disclose information here in Hollywood Poker.
      Dyan: If your ID shows your registered mailing address, that is okay.
      Dyan: We employ such security procedures for the safety and security of both you, the player, and the poker site as a whole. In addition, it is quite a common practice for online gaming sites to request documents from players at some point in their membership with us.
      hero: what kind of security leak is appearing if u let me cashout?
      hero: and my drivers license dont include my mailing address or did i understood wrong? u mean the screenshot?
      Dyan: You can only do a cashout once your account is reopened. And you need to send documents to reopen it.
      Dyan: We need any valid ID. For the Proof of Address, you can send any utility bill as long as it shows your name and registered mailing address.
      hero: why should i have a utilitie bill? i live with my parents...
      Dyan: You can send that but you need to attach an ID who owns the utility bill.
      hero: if i sent u a copy of my drivers license and moneybookers screenshot, is that jnot enough? i really doint understand why u need that bcause i DEPOSITED with MONEYBOOKERS???
      hero: so it use to be mine would be mad otherwise wouldnt it? oO
      Dyan: Though you have deposited with Moneybookers, you will still go through our security investigation.
      Dyan: I have read in your earlier chat session that you admitted that you did something in other poker site.
      hero: true
      hero: but if that is the reason u have to tell me, maybe would be easier to understand
      hero: and a security investigation should be to proof something moneybokkers IS PROOVED
      Dyan: We have received an alert after you have deposited that is why your account is blocked.
      Dyan: Is there anything else I can help you with at the moment?
      hero: ok, makes a bit more sense now. good thing that u get this alert AFTER deposit btw. so u guys lied to me which is not reputable. but i really want to either unblock my acc immediately or cashout. everything else is not reputable and i have to try to get my money back with my bank and will make a story on 2+2 and pokerstrategy, bcause u can say its not secure to let me play bcause of my past but u cannot freeze my money with a reason so u have to give me the chance to it back. otherwise its a fraud and i cannot trust frauds.
      Dyan: Thank you for dropping by, Jens.
      hero: ?
      Dyan: We will reopen the account once we have received your documents.
      Dyan: Once your account has been reopened, that is the only time you can make a cashout request.
      hero: am i chatting with a bot? u know its a fraud but still repeat sentences that makes no sense why? its not fair to keep my money.
      Dyan: No, I'm not.
      hero: how should a reasoanble human beeing sent u that kind of data if i cannot trust u anymore?
      Dyan: Your money will remain in your account.
      hero: and why dont u give me my money if theres no security leak if i can cashout? i deposited it and it is MY money so every serious company would give it back
      Dyan: Yes, it is your money but you have agreed with our terms and conditions when you created an account.
      hero: thats a sentence used often byponzi sheme, but agreements < logic
      hero: so u robbed me in a way with ur terms, dont make anything better if u get me backwards
      hero: it would be easy for u to give it back to me, and u know its mine so it shouldnt be a prob
      Dyan: Our Security team has made a final decision.
      Dyan: We will reopen the account once we have received your documents.
      hero: what??
      hero: what kind of u put or thumb up or down?
      hero: i gave u good reason to see it from my point of view and u answer me without giving a shit on what on said and now i have to acept?
      hero: u really have to think about, im a reqasonable hman and and i know i cannot give u that data without a pretty stupid feeling so i have to fight for my money. it would be stupid to give u my data now, even if u would be reputable, i cannot know that. i can just use the information i have and u know that i cannot think everything is right so far if u freeze my money even if u know its mine
      hero: and in addition u need me to proof proofen things
      hero: i give u really the advice to think twice about ur final decission
      Dyan: We will definitely treat all of your personal information with strict confidentiality.
      Dyan: We highly recommend that you submit the documents needed in order to reopen the account.
      Dyan: Thank you for dropping by and have a great day.

Dyan has left the conversation
      Click here to leave a message

hero: maybe, if u keep it tight like my money

what do u think about that, feel free to give ur opinion.
  • 25 replies
    • conall88
      stop crying and deal with it imo.

part of playing online poker.
    • Berzerger
      Just send them the documents and get your money back or these morality issues will cost you $200.
    • alien126
      so u think i can trust this guys with my documents?

and i donno maybe someone can help, can they xploit me if i sent them what they say they would need?

and 1 more question: what do they need, i dont understand what utilities bill means (or maybe i translate it wrong, seems like "electricity bill" to me...and i dont have that kind of stuff.)

if someone can tell me in german what they need xactly trhat would help.

if someone xplain in english it will help too i think.

thx for answers
    • Kireto
      they need die Gas-, Wasser- oder Stromrechnung

So they can prove your address.
    • conall88
      ive sent various documents to at least 4 poker rooms. no problems so far.
    • roswellx
      Just send them the documents they need... They ask for these documents, because they have no way knowing of if you have hacked someone's MoneyBookers account and deposited. Such things do happen quite a lot !! You don't have to play there after verifying your address. Just withdraw and go away..
    • NightFrostaSS
      Standard procedure on many rooms, nothing to worry about
    • vinnie8887
      I've had to send my details to a few of the iPoker networked rooms and several other sites. So your information should not be leaked out.
    • Reanimater
      send an e-mail with the required documents (images taken with a digital camera?) and after that delete the e-mail from your "sent" inbox.

poker sites deal with accounts which have thousands and millions in them... you should consider that they would never jeopardize your identity or their reputation in order to steal your identity.

if the web site where you play is good/big you can send them docs.

the only web site which is part of the pokerstrategy network and i would not send documents is cakepoker.
    • hackbinder
      I'm curious... why not Cake?
    • alien126
      hey guys,

i wanna inform u about what happen bcause if someone is reading this and have the same prob like me it might help.

so, i sendet them everything they told me and recived an e-mail within 1 hour.

everything seems uncomplicated so far. Im just waiting for a verification of my government issued id.

i lost nearly all of my fears bcause they treat me polite and they stay in contact (and there are a few additional things that took away some scepsis so as they adviced i have to blank out all datas beside that what they need etc., and i understand it better now.)

ill update u if the procedere is over and how it endet.

but why shouldnt i play there after this? If i have done all these things i dont expect further problems. Why do u advice that?

i would be interested why not cake too.
    • conall88
      cake poker has a good reputation and isnt known to rip people off.

dont worry about it imo.
    • Ariman
      I personally never had any problems with Cake poker
    • Alficor1
      Ongame in general? Do you have any experience with other ongame sites? I'm pretty sure you dont.
    • ihufa
      why did you start your opening post with "in before" ??
    • conall88
      yeah not impressed with OP's knowledge.

ongame is merely a platform. its like a franchise. people licence it, and thus managers/owners are different for each room regardless of sharing the same player pool/tables.
    • JoaoMartins
      I have been in the exact situation before, although I did nothing on a poker site for them to block my account, they just did it before I could cash out.

The point here is, they are in their right to block you account with your money on it because it says so in the agreement you should have read before depositing. Which is the same as saying : Ongame people are SOB's who do what they want, when they want. It is really sad, and overall bad for the poker world that these rooms keeping doing as they please, completely out of control, and the players seldomly can do something to complain about it, other than bending over and providing the documents.

The most idiotic part is, no one benefits from this. The poker room does not use your funds whatsoever, should you decide to say "f*ck that money, you ain't getting my documents". Point is, we, as poker players, are customers, and should be treated with alot more respect than we are.

OP, I am very sorry to say this, but you will probably have no chance other than to send them your documents. I do side with you.
    • alien126
      Originally posted by ihufa
      why did you start your opening post with "in before" ??

bcause my english sux?.. :P

and in fact i have experience with 2 other ongame sites.

Its franchise? Ok...i just know they handle most parts pretty similar.
      So for that point, they work together obv., thats the reason why i must do this things (read the part with redkings, thats the reason).

im waiting for 1 day now and asked them how long it takes until they recieve the varification from the relevant department.
      they said (noncomittal) it should take 3-5 business days.
    • MrPavlos
      tldr,if ur interested in online poker read the terms first....