This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Rivered top 2 vs pretty nitty reg nl25

• Southofheaven
      Southofheaven
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($28.07)
      Hero ($71.86)
      UTG ($28.20)
      CO ($27.92)
      BTN ($29.42)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.75, fold, fold, SB calls $0.65, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.25) 4:heart: A:heart: T:club:

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $2, SB folds, Hero calls $2

TURN ($6.25) 4:heart: A:heart: T:club: 2:spade:

Hero checks, UTG checks

RIVER ($6.25) 4:heart: A:heart: T:club: 2:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $3.50, UTG raises to $12, Hero folds

UTG wins $12.61

Alright so, villain is 34/24/4.8/1.3 VPIP/PFR/3B/Agg factor over 200hands~.
      my thoughts on the hand:
      UTG range is usually fairly strong, event for a 34/24 guy so i can't really squeeze for value so I flat.
      On the turn I would've had to decide whether to c/c or c/f against a 1.3agg guy, but i woulda prolly called again. On the river I bet fairly small (60% or so) to get calls from AK/AJ/AT and some spew queens. When he c/r so big I feel like I'm always beat, either by top set, flopped set of tens or KJ (kj being the most likely one).
      What do you guys think about it?
  • 4 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      Squeeze preflop against this guy (if you call him "pretty nitty", how do I have to play to be labelled as "fairly LAG-y" by you? O_o ).

As played flop & turn are ok (turn is never a c/f though, lead is a possibility as well).

On the river you absolutely have to bet bigger. He never folds any Ace, so get as much value as possible. If he raises it's such a gross spot IMO. It seems such a suicidal bluff, and he probably has the full 16 KJ-combo's in his range (not just suited). On the other hand, he never has a flopped big hand (not betting the turn w/ set or two pair would be beyond afwul), he could have a busted draw, and we have top two :baby: .

28% equity needed...

I probably call & cry when he shows me the nuts.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I call it off too and hope to see AK or AT enough to make it worthwhile.
      You can easily have a flush draw in this spot which you try to bluff cheaply - I think villain can do this with more Ax hands than you would expect since our hand doesn't look that much like a strong Ace.

As falcone1983 said, if you bet river bigger it would be easier to fold but as it is I think your hand is sufficiently underrepped that you are forced to call.

Finally, I dont think flopped sets are that likely - he has to bet the turn with them if he has any kind of brain.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would personally not b/f river against him although a lot of times you see there QQ or KJ. I think he can sometimes raise there with bluffs and top two seems too strong to b/f there
    • Southofheaven
      Southofheaven
      Bronze
      I meant nitty post-flop, having a 1.3 agg factor. thanks for the answers guys