Five Card Draw
IntroductionFive Card Draw can be played with 2-8 players. Each of them gets 5 cards face down to start. In the rounds that follow, called draw rounds, they may give up arbitrary numbers of their cards in favor of being dealt new ones. Betting rounds take place before and after the draws.
- The forced bets (antes or blinds) are paid and each player recieves 5 downcards.
- First betting round.
- Draw: each player discards an arbitrary number of his five cards and these are replaced by new, random cards from the deck.
- Second bettin round.
- Showdown: remaining players compare their cards to see who wins.
Hands are ranked as in Texas Hold'em or Omaha:
- Royal Flush
- Straight Flush
- Four of a kind
- Full House
- Three of a kind
- Two pair
- High card
VariantsThere are different variants of five card draw.
Differences can occur in:
- the rank of the hands. In lowball variants like Deuce to Seven Triple Draw, the lowest hand wins. There are also split variants where the best and worst hands split the pot.
- the introduction of jokers or wild cards to the deck, which can stand for any card, under certain restrictions
- the number of draws
- when teh cards are dealt, e.g. a player might get 4 cards to start and the fifth in the first draw.
Deuce to Seven Triple Draw, Drawpoker, Lowball