Long term online poker success with winning strategies – register for free!
The best strategies With the correct strategy, poker becomes an easy game. Our authors show you how to succeed, one step at a time.
The smartest thinkers Learn from and with internationally successful poker pros, in our live coaching sessions and in the forum.
Free poker money PokerStrategy.com is free of charge. Additionally there is free poker money waiting for you.
MSS Shorthanded - Postflop 1
IntroductionIn this article
- MSS shorthanded postflop play (in position)
- Standard lines
It is time to find out more about the shorthanded play. Today we will discuss different situations which occur on this type of tables.
First of all let's list the conditons under which we are going to develop our analysis:
- 1) Played limits – microlimits (NL $2, NL $5, NL $10). In all the examples the big blind is 5 cents, but suggested decisions will also work on the lower limits as well as against the bad players on the higher limits. At mid- and high stakes the opponents are much more qualified, game tendencies and dynamics are different. Consider this material a learning path towards success on microlimits. It is taken as a given that you have already studied the articles for beginners and are well aware of the basics.
MSS - Introduction
MSS - How to Play Before the Flop
MSS - How to Play After the Flop
- 2) 6-max tables only. It means there are always 6 players at the table, no less, no more.
- 3) The effective stack is 40 big blinds. In reality it happens, of course, quite rarely, unless you are using an auto-rebuy option. Nevertheless the effective stack can be less than 40 ВВ.
- 4) The techniques described here most likely will not be so profitable on the higher limits.
- 5) We will not take the rake into account, but it does influence our decisions.
- 6) We will always play postflop in position.
The hand format will be as following:
$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
Stacks & Stats
Preflop: Hero is CO with
1 fold, MP calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, 3 folds, MP calls $0.20.
Flop: ($0.57) (2 players) ($1.75)
MP checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP calls $0.50.
Turn: ($1.57) (2 players) ($1.25)
MP checks, Hero bets $1.25, MP calls $1.25.
River: ($1.57) (2 players) ($0)
Final Pot: $4.07
After each street the effective stack will be shown in the brackets. Sometimes there will be a showdown.
Click for more information.