Skip to forum
Beat- I'm broke, bu...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Beat- I'm broke, but with hope

151 Posts
52 Users
10 Reactions
36.7 K Views
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

What an amazing day!
First step
[x] completed

Made $200 roll and pretty close to $25 bonus. Now I have to withdraw $100 for food, but the gambler in me screams to shot 10nl while I'm on heater. Prob I'll withdraw tho.
Played something like 10 hours today and made ~15k hands with profit about $7 per hour, which is pretty good for 5nl.

Still have a big leak mostly pre flop. Not sure is it a leak or just bad timing tho. For example I have QQ OOP, CO 3bets me with 15% 3b and I shove. Everytime villain shows AA or KK. One other thing is when I 4b AK, once villain shoves, AK no good :) Dont know which is better to fold AK OOP after 3b or 4b/call against someone who is 9% 3b, think 4b call is better option, but everytime I ran into AA or KK, dunno, will see.

Other leak is that a play my draws very aggressive and never hit, or if a hit never get other action :)

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2462555
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $9.17
SB: $6.00
BB: $8.03
UTG: $5.07
MP: $5.07
CO: $5.41

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with J :heart: A :heart:
1 fold, MP raises to $0.15, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.60) 8 :heart: T :diamond: 9 :heart: (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP bets $0.38, Hero raises to $1.30, SB raises to $5.85, BB folds, MP folds, Hero calls $4.55

Turn: ($12.68) 9 :diamond: (2 players)

River: ($12.68) 5 :club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.68
Hero mucks J :heart: A :heart:
SB shows K :heart: T :heart:
SB wins $12.15
(Rake: $0.53)

Good think is the majority of players at 5nl are ready to stack off with TPNK otf, which is good :)

Originally posted by Lazza61
Gotta admire your nerve. This thread could turn epic.

Hoping you crush

Thanks mate!

Originally posted by kidzoltan
Very intresting thread, I wish you good luck! In which country do you live? ♠_biggrin:

Thank you too! Im proud Bulgarian :)


Reply
Quote
Harrier88
Joined: 01.05.2012
PokerStrategist

Looks like things are about to get rolling! We could be witnessing a legend in the making.

That hand was well played, by the way, just unlucky. 15 clean outs + overcards, it doesn't get much better than that.
Shoving QQ and AK preflop against aggressive opponents is typically no mistake either in shorthanded games.

I was skeptical about your plans at first, but it seems like you might be able to pull this off. Keep going, mate!


Reply
Quote
Vice1
Joined: 23.12.2009
Elite Grinder

Do you have skype?


Reply
Quote
CRI4BRA
Joined: 14.02.2008
PokerStrategist

when you wont see any posts from him, thats a crystal clear sign he has no money in his account and no money to reload either

then he would be like the title said - broke


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Today I played a ton (like 10k hands) and everything was more than good when this hand happened:

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2463305
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $10.00
SB: $34.85
BB: $27.02
UTG: $11.74
MP: $75.28
Hero (CO): $47.13

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with J :diamond: J :spade:
1 fold, MP raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, BB raises to $1.20, MP calls $0.90, Hero calls $0.90, SB calls $0.90

Flop: ($4.80) Q :diamond: J :heart: A :spade: (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $3.20, SB calls $3.20, BB folds, MP calls $3.20

Turn: ($14.40) 2 :heart: (3 players)
SB checks, MP bets $8, Hero calls $8, SB folds

River: ($30.40) 6 :spade: (2 players)
MP bets $20, Hero calls $20

Final Pot: $70.40
MP shows K :club: T :club: (a straight, Ten to Ace)
Hero mucks J :diamond: J :spade:
MP wins $68.90
(Rake: $1.50)

I was like $80 up, but... good thing is still a profitable day for about $25
I decided to withdraw $100 for food. Tomorrow I'll grind 5nl again.

Originally posted by Harrier88
Looks like things are about to get rolling! We could be witnessing a legend in the making.

I was skeptical about your plans at first, but it seems like you might be able to pull this off. Keep going, mate!

Thanks mate!

Originally posted by Vice1
Do you have skype?

Yeas, I do. [Edited by Lazza61 - Please us PMs to exchange Skypes]

Originally posted by CRI4BRA
when you wont see any posts from him, thats a crystal clear sign he has no money in his account and no money to reload either

then he would be like the title said - broke

I wont say crystal clear sign, a ton of other things could happen. ;)
Don't hate sir, just have a good night.


Reply
Quote

Impressive matey ^_^

This has the makings of a truly inspirational story.

What are your expenses you see in the coming two months? How much does it amount to?

You can put in a very pessimistic calculation of your WR in NL5/10 (maybe 3/4bb?) and then look at the number of hands needed to achieve your expected profit goals within the next 2 months.

You can then plan on the required # of hands a day (go for ~27 days a month?). This can help you to take a day or two off, which is very important imo to prevent burnout/tilt and come back even stronger.


Reply
Quote
thazar
Joined: 14.09.2009
Elite Grinder

subbed :-)

best of luck

one advice. Forget about the winnings, the losses etc... they are irrelevant. You are in a bad place in that you NEED to win. You need to focus on your game and that's the only thing that counts. You can't alter the outcomes or wether you run good or bad , but you can work on your leaks and increasing your edge vs other players.

again best of luck!


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Hi guys,

Today I tried a new strategy just for fun and the result was sick (for 5nl tho) For 2750 hands I made $60 which must be good :) I played 18/9 and never 3b, not even AA/KK, ship the flop and the pays me almost always. If I dont hit, never cbet. If I hit x/c x/c x/r otr :) Wanted to make it $100 for one day, but my money for the withdraw are not in my bank account yet and I'm pretty much starving. My stomach makes some strange noises, couldn't even sleep well last night. Had a dream about a roasted chicken :)

Lobby

Here some hands to see what I'm talking about:

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2463720
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $29.39
SB: $17.61
BB: $9.95
UTG: $4.25
MP: $5.00
Hero (CO): $5.02

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with 8 :club: 7 :club:
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.02) 8 :heart: 4 :club: Q :club: (2 players)
BB bets $1.30, Hero raises to $3.80, BB calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.62) J :diamond: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.72, BB calls $0.72

River: ($10.06) J :spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.06
BB shows 6 :spade: 7 :diamond:
Hero shows 8 :club: 7 :club:
Hero wins $9.64
(Rake: $0.42)

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2463722
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $7.81
SB: $5.31
BB: $5.14
Hero (UTG): $5.00
MP: $5.14
CO: $7.06

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with A :club: K :diamond:
Hero raises to $0.15, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.47, Hero calls $0.32

Flop: ($0.96) T :club: K :heart: 5 :heart: (2 players)
BB bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65

Turn: ($2.26) 8 :spade: (2 players)
BB bets $4.02, Hero calls $3.88 all in

River: ($10.02) 9 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $10.02
BB shows A :heart: 3 :club:
Hero shows A :club: K :diamond:
Hero wins $9.60
(Rake: $0.28)

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2463724
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $9.26
Hero (SB): $5.95
BB: $5.00
UTG: $7.51
MP: $5.18
CO: $5.43

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with A :diamond: Q :spade:
4 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30) Q :club: 7 :spade: 4 :club: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.25, BB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.80) Q :heart: (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $1.75, Hero raises to $5.05, BB calls $2.35 all in

River: ($10.00) T :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $10.00
Hero shows A :diamond: Q :spade:
BB mucks 5 :spade: 5 :club:
Hero wins $9.58
(Rake: $0.42)

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2463725
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $22.15
SB: $4.51
BB: $4.87
UTG: $12.81
Hero (MP): $5.37
CO: $4.30

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with K :club: A :diamond:
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.47) Q :diamond: K :diamond: 9 :spade: (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BB folds

Turn: ($1.07) 2 :club: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($3.07) 8 :heart: (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $2.85, Hero calls $2.85

Final Pot: $8.77
Hero shows K :club: A :diamond:
CO shows T :heart: Q :spade:
Hero wins $8.41
(Rake: $0.36)

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2463726
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $9.33
SB: $4.36
BB: $5.43
UTG: $11.10
MP: $5.80
Hero (CO): $6.09

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with 3 :club: 3 :spade:
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75) 5 :club: T :diamond: 3 :heart: (2 players)
SB bets $0.46, Hero calls $0.46

Turn: ($1.67) K :heart: (2 players)
SB bets $1.06, Hero calls $1.06

River: ($3.79) 3 :diamond: (2 players)
SB bets $2.49, Hero calls $2.49

Final Pot: $8.77
SB shows J :club: A :spade:
Hero shows 3 :club: 3 :spade:
Hero wins $8.41
(Rake: $0.36)

I really wanted to gif these hands, but I cant upload pics, dunno why.

Originally posted by ZeDawning
Impressive matey ^_^
This has the makings of a truly inspirational story.

What are your expenses you see in the coming two months? How much does it amount to?
You can put in a very pessimistic calculation of your WR in NL5/10 (maybe 3/4bb?) and then look at the number of hands needed to achieve your expected profit goals within the next 2 months.

You can then plan on the required # of hands a day (go for ~27 days a month?). This can help you to take a day or two off, which is very important imo to prevent burnout/tilt and come back even stronger.

Thanks mate! In May I have to pay about $150 rent, $50 other bills like electricity, internet, etc. and like $150-200 for food. So I need like $400 per month just to live. :)
At worst scenario I'm making about $5 per hour at 5nl, playing like 8-10 hour per day, this makes about $50 per day 20 days x 50= $1000 monthly which is more than enough. That's only calculation tho, really could be other, but till now, everything is alright.

Originally posted by thazar
subbed :)

best of luck

one advice. Forget about the winnings, the losses etc... they are irrelevant. You are in a bad place in that you NEED to win. You need to focus on your game and that's the only thing that counts. You can't alter the outcomes or wether you run good or bad , but you can work on your leaks and increasing your edge vs other players.

again best of luck!

Thanks you so much, mate! Greatly appreciated! I think I have a massive edge at 5nl, even against so called "regs". But yep, you are absolutely right and I do working on my game, I'm reading some articles, look at my hands after session.


Reply
Quote
Harrier88
Joined: 01.05.2012
PokerStrategist

If you keep grinding like that, you should make a decent amount of money through cashback alone.

In my experience, Pokerstars is relatively fast with their withdrawals, so let's hope you have the cash by tomorrow.


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Cant upload pics, cant upload vids, that's makes me on hard tilt

Awsome video


Reply
Quote
Lazza61
Joined: 23.03.2011
PokerStrategist

Hey RakeVictim,

Unfortunately you need to be at least bronze status to display pictures, graphs and videos.

Regards

Laz


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Holla fellas,

Today I played just a little bit, like 6k hands at 5nl and made $43 profit. Roll is back to $200
Roll
Unfortunately I'll withdraw $100 again, because of my girlfriend. As I said before I'm going to lose her pretty soon, if I don't do something. With these $100 we'll go to cinema or dinner or for a walk, something like this. She has to believe me that I can do it, just need some time.
I really wanted to crush 10nl with this roll, but it's not a big deal. I'll play 5nl for another few days until I make it $200.
So that's for my, I hope you guys doing well not only in poker, but in life in general.
Best of luck to all of you!

Here is one of these hands when I know what's comming :)

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2464471
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $9.26
SB: $4.63
BB: $4.60
UTG: $5.65
MP: $5.30
CO: $6.48

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with T :club: A :club:
2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, 1 fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.47) Q :club: 3 :club: K :club: (3 players)
BB bets $0.25, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.15, BB raises to $4.45, Hero calls $3.30

Turn: ($9.37) K :spade: (2 players)

River: ($9.37) 7 :diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.37
Hero mucks T :club: A :club:
BB shows Q :heart: K :heart:
BB wins $8.98
(Rake: $0.39)


Reply
Quote
Vice1
Joined: 23.12.2009
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by RakeVictim

Originally posted by Vice1
Do you have skype?

Yeas, I do. [Edited by Lazza61 - Please us PMs to exchange Skypes]

I added you as a friend. Can you accept and send your skype? :)


Reply
Quote

I know you are stuggling and life is shit, but I have been unemployed now a long time and since my 2 heart attacks I am finding work a struggle but something which my dad said to me years ago and still rings with me today as long as you have in the house potatoes, beans and eggs you will always have a meal. and that has stuck by me for the last 20 years. you don't need £1000s to have a happy life. I play freerolls, and to this day am in profit not by 1000s, but I love playing poker cant afford to enter tornaments, but I enjoy the game and some time I do quite well and sometimes I don't but at the end of the day, I play to my means, don't worry about losing cause it just cause more stress, but think about the game as a challenge just like finding a job as a challenge, you in some, you lose some


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Hi,
to update a bit, I played a ton today, just it was not my day. I'll post few hands to see what I mean.

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2465200
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $6.23
SB: $8.54
BB: $6.09
Hero (UTG): $5.63
MP: $5.00
CO: $5.79

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with K :heart: K :spade:
Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BTN raises to $6.23, SB calls $6.21, 1 fold, Hero calls $5.48 all in

Flop: ($18.14) 9 :spade: J :diamond: 2 :spade: (3 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: ($18.14) 6 :heart: (3 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($18.14) 3 :heart: (3 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $18.14
BTN mucks Q :heart: Q :club:
SB shows A :heart: A :diamond:
Hero mucks K :heart: K :spade:
SB wins $1.15
SB wins $16.24
(Rake: $0.75)

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2465201
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $9.83
Hero (SB): $5.37
BB: $5.24
UTG: $4.19
MP: $5.10
CO: $10.19

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with K :heart: K :diamond:
3 folds, BTN raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) 2 :diamond: 8 :club: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.55, BTN calls $0.55

Turn: ($1.95) 6 :heart: (2 players)
Hero bets $1.00, BTN calls $1

River: ($3.95) 9 :spade: (2 players)
Hero bets $2.65, BTN raises to $5.30, Hero calls $0.77 all in

Final Pot: $10.79
BTN shows 2 :club: 2 :spade:
Hero mucks K :heart: K :diamond:
BTN wins $10.34
(Rake: $0.45)

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2465203
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $5.00
SB: $3.55
BB: $5.47
Hero (UTG): $5.34
MP: $7.39
CO: $5.00

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with K :diamond: K :club:
Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BTN raises to $0.45, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.42, BTN raises to $5, Hero calls $3.58

Flop: ($10.07) 6 :diamond: Q :diamond: A :club: (2 players)

Turn: ($10.07) J :club: (2 players)

River: ($10.07) 9 :diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.07
BTN shows A :spade: A :diamond:
Hero shows K :diamond: K :club:
BTN wins $9.65
(Rake: $0.42)

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2465204
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $4.53
SB: $2.09
BB: $3.57
UTG: $4.53
Hero (MP): $9.84
CO: $6.11

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with A :spade: A :heart:
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.15, SB raises to $0.65, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.75, 1 fold, SB raises to $2.09, Hero calls $0.34

Flop: ($4.38) 6 :diamond: 4 :club: 5 :spade: (2 players)

Turn: ($4.38) 5 :heart: (2 players)

River: ($4.38) K :heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.38
SB shows K :spade: K :club:
Hero mucks A :spade: A :heart:
SB wins $4.20
(Rake: $0.18)

I have two more AA vs KK where AA lost and one AA < AKo :(


Reply
Quote
comit007
Joined: 08.11.2009
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by RakeVictim

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2465200
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $6.23
SB: $8.54
BB: $6.09
Hero (UTG): $5.63
MP: $5.00
CO: $5.79

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with K :heart: K :spade:
Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BTN raises to $6.23, SB calls $6.21, 1 fold, Hero calls $5.48 all in

Flop: ($18.14) 9 :spade: J :diamond: 2 :spade: (3 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: ($18.14) 6 :heart: (3 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($18.14) 3 :heart: (3 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $18.14
BTN mucks Q :heart: Q :club:
SB shows A :heart: A :diamond:
Hero mucks K :heart: K :spade:
SB wins $1.15
SB wins $16.24
(Rake: $0.75)

:(

If this were a hand I was in the BB would shove 54o and scoop everyone.

Good luck with everything in this thread and life, hope it all works out well.


Reply
Quote
rae3344
Joined: 05.06.2012
PokerStrategist

Very inspirational, good luck in your endevaours, hope you'll be able to sort things out with your life, build your bankroll so that you're not in a constant survival mode.


Reply
Quote
Miya00
Joined: 18.03.2013
PokerStrategist

Good luck - it's all what I can say : )


Reply
Quote
karlick
Joined: 20.06.2010
Poker Player

Lol man, good luck in ur challenge. Good luck in ur life.

very interesting story, so i wish u a happy end

By the way, could u tell us, how many tables do u play and how do u select it?


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Hi guys,
Today I played a very small volume (about 1000 hands), because my internet connection is very bad, dunno why. Often cant see my cards till I time outed or like in one hand (where I had KK on a KQ2r 3b flop and villain x/ship) i got disconnected :( Still, It could be worst :)

Somehow I managed to make $15 profit, which is fine.

Graph

Originally posted by rae3344
Very inspirational, good luck in your endevaours, hope you'll be able to sort things out with your life, build your bankroll so that you're not in a constant survival mode.

Thanks mate, I think it's pretty doable

Originally posted by Miya00
Good luck - it's all what I can say : )

No need to say more, thank you very much!

Originally posted by karlick
Lol man, good luck in ur challenge. Good luck in ur life.

very interesting story, so i wish u a happy end

By the way, could u tell us, how many tables do u play and how do u select it?

Thank you too, sir!
Usually I play 6 tables, sometimes 4 and rare 24 (when I'm on tilt and want to take my money back, not a good idea tho :) )
I dont table select much. I just sit where seen flop is greater than 23-25%, but when the fish leave I dont sit out. Honestly, I prefer to play against regs. Is much easier for me. I steal a ton, x/r rivers, triple barrel gutshots, using scaring cards to bluff etc untill they adjust, but fortunately they don't do that very often. Almost always regs fold TPTK when you raise the river or even turn. Playing very aggro and making thin value bets it's the way to beat regs on 5/10nl.
Preflop they adjust quickly, but very bad adjustment if you ask me. I 3b/4b a ton (like 12-15% 3b and 4-5% 4b ~13% squeeze) and once they starts to 4b me I call with suited hands like KQs Jts, Qjs, 9Ts etc and steel very often the flop, depends on the villain tho. or ship Ax Kx Qx and any pairs.


Reply
Quote
Share: