Skip to forum
Notifications
Clear all

$1 Spin - Got reraised on Turn

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
821 Views
petterix
Joined: 03.09.2008
PokerStrategist

10/20 NL (3 max) - Holdem - 3 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 24.5 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
SB: 25.5 BB (VPIP: 58.33, PFR: 15.00, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 27)
Hero (BB): 25 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K♥ 9♥

BTN calls 1 BB, fold, Hero checks

Flop: (2.5 BB, 2 players) A♣ 4♥ K♣
Hero bets 1.25 BB, BTN calls 1.25 BB

Turn: (5 BB, 2 players) 5♥
Hero bets 2 BB, BTN raises to 6.5 BB

Spoiler

fold

BTN wins 13.5 BB

Preflop - We can't shove but should we raise? I prefer the check, I don't expect him to fold a lot here.
Flop - I'm a head of his limping range, so I bet.
Turn - Should we check here? Do we fold, call or shove his reraise?


Reply
Quote
6 replies
Moderator
SDK1987
Joined: 12.11.2008
Oldschool Grinder

I would raise pre-flop. This way you have the initiative in the hand and then he needs to play a bigger pot OOP and that’s not ideal for him. As played I would bet the turn around 3bb, because now your bet looks weak as well and that could be a reason for him to bluff raise here. So with this in mind I would call 1 street and her-evaluate the river.

Cheers,
SDK1987


Reply
Quote
petterix Topic starter
petterix
Joined: 03.09.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by SDK1987
I would raise pre-flop. This way you have the initiative in the hand and then he needs to play a bigger pot OOP and that’s not ideal for him.

He is playing IP, from the button.


Reply
Quote
petterix Topic starter
petterix
Joined: 03.09.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by petterix

Originally posted by SDK1987
I would raise pre-flop. This way you have the initiative in the hand and then he needs to play a bigger pot OOP and that’s not ideal for him.

He is playing IP, from the button.

I think that changes your line, right?


Reply
Quote
Moderator
SDK1987
Joined: 12.11.2008
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by petterix

Originally posted by petterix

Originally posted by SDK1987
I would raise pre-flop. This way you have the initiative in the hand and then he needs to play a bigger pot OOP and that’s not ideal for him.

He is playing IP, from the button.

I think that changes your line, right?

That's right. Than I would play the hand the same way what you did. I would bet than a little bit more half pot on every street. Then you get more value and you protect your hand against draws. His raise on turn is a little bit weird, because it’s difficult for him to represent much based on his previous actions. So I would shove here and if you get called you have still the draw as back up.


Reply
Quote
NTT123
Joined: 06.12.2006
BlackMember

Dont like yuor sizing with such medium hand, u provoke him and same time u dont want to get in serious action.
But i would call on turn anyway and call any river if opponent is not total nit. Or go AI on turn, to many draws here.


Reply
Quote
ghaleon
Joined: 17.10.2007
BlackMember

Would check preflop and check-call flop most of time. You are ahead of his limping range obviously but board is pretty dry so by betting it will be tough to get value from weaker hands.

In turn I would basically never fold as played. You have most of time 11-14 outs. You have 4.5BB to call for pot of 18BB ---> You need to have 4.5 / 18 * 100 = 25% of equity versus his range. So basically you have around direct pot odds to make the call and when you hit there is often chance for implied value. Also if he is bluffing turn some portion of time he will just give up river once you call.

Whatever to check-fold or check-call river unimproved depends how much respect you give him. 3betting turn make pretty much no sense. Ultimately you have just bluff catcher here with your made hand strength so check-call river will be better always than 3bet shoving turn.


Reply
Quote
Share: