Greetings!

• fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hello!

My name is Richard, I'm 26 years old and I've really been lurking around the forums for about a month and a half already. But I felt it was time to get around to writing up an introduction post now!

Though I am originally from Sweden, I'm currently located in Latvia.
      The main reason for this is my wife, though she was only my girlfriend when I moved of course. When we'd just met she moved to me to Sweden and we had a decent year, but things weren't quite going her way there. By next summer, she wanted to move back home to Latvia, and after a few months I followed.
      Since arriving here, some two years ago, I've been working in 1st line IT support, which leaves a lot of time sometimes during evening shifts between calls, which I tend to use for studying articles and reading/posting around these forums. (Can't work if no one calls with a problem, right?)
      Working in customer service as I do, I also try to help new members asking questions that I've already foun the naswers out for, and I tend to try and help anyone in any situation I can, just one of those people I guess. :)

Winter's coming though, and they do get truly horrible around these parts.. Maybe it's about time I moved again, somewhere warm and nice? :)

I originally started playing poker about 2.5-3 years ago, on Will Hill, after one of my bosses was playing there and talked me into starting. They used to be so nice, but then became so boring and generic, and killed off all their unique content and tournaments, their Headhunter tournaments were brilliant!

As most people who are analytical and somewhat mathematically inclined with more than half a brain, I've tended to do quite well when I'm focused and able to keep myself in control of the game.

As some of you know, most really, this isn't always so easy though, so it was a journey with wild swings in ups and downs, made a bit of money, horrible BRM, cashed some out while up, lost all of it, put more in, up again, withdrawing for random spending and then falling again.

Tougher times hit, and I stopped playing for some time.

Then, in september this year, I was introduced to this wonderful lovely place, and thought "A fresh start perhaps?" and I was doing ok, but eventually hit a cooler and lost half the starting capital, tilted then threw BRM out of the window and lost the other half.

So I deposited some more, and up, and down.

It's going decent and I've managed a while now without depositing much. :)

Hopefully I'll get my gambling demons under control and keep the ups, and get rid of the part of the downs that cannot be blamed on variance alone.(I DO have a gambling problem, I'm a sucker for blackjack, trying to separate the poker from the gambling though, not always so easy.)

Today, I had a horrible run though, QQ run over 5 times out of 6 that I got them, in a mere 2k hands. Which in turn led to playing marginal hands, losing a bit more, was out 10 BI. I managed to see the problem, tightened up, stopped paying people off in bad situations, turned it back down around to down 6BI, and decided to stop before it went back down. But atleast I played well, not to the best that I could, but more good than bad.

Anyway, that's me for now, glad to be here and thanks for being a wonderful community with wonderful members.

Think that's all for me, did I miss anything important for introductions? I hope not..

Over and out,
      Richard
  • 6 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Wow, that turned out to be a LOT longer than I had planned...
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze

pleased to meet you sir
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hej Richard, trevligt att träffas! ;)

Welcome to the Community mate, I hope you enjoy your time here. Don't let the swings impact your mood too much.

Hadi
    • Focuz8
      Focuz8
      Bronze
      Yo !
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Focuz8,

Welcome to PokerStratey.com!

Have you passed already our quiz, so that you can get your free $50 starting capital?

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Hey Richard,

Nice intro mate! :) Feel like I have known you for years now. I tend to read a lot of articles on night shift also and find I am getting better at keeping control of my game.
      I too get bad swings, I think spending time concentrating on SNG or Tournaments helps remind you how to play a tighter game since you spend most of early and middle phases folding, then as a reward reaching the final tables where you can really start to play. BRM is probably the hardest dicipline to follow strictly and coincidently one of the major factors of success accordingly to pros and successful players. But step by step ay.

Anyway, welcome to the site and hope to chat more in future.

Regards,

AKM