[NL20-NL50] Nl 10sh aggro PFR checks the flop

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($10.55)
      Hero (CO) ($10.45)
      Button ($11.01)
      SB ($10.35)
      BB ($11.30)
      UTG ($6.61)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10, 10
      UTG bets $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.75) A, 4, Q (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.50, UTG calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75) 9 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.75) 3 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.90, Hero folds

Total pot: $1.75

Villain is 11/8 with 11 AF over 130 hands.
      I thought that he would cbet any value hand + any draw + many air hands and is only checking the hands that seem worthless on that flop, smth like {22 33 55 78ss or such}.
      I bet because I didn't want to be faced with a turn bet and hoped for a free swd. :f_cry:
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      So if your assumptions are correct you only get him to fold worse hands and keep in the better ones (I think that 78ss is not really in his UTG opening range and possibly not even the low PPs).

I'd say you have two options:

A) If you believe he is weak fire multiple streets to get him off Qx (KQ, QJ maybe AT type hands - but very unlikely that he folds Ax).

B) Check down (possibly bluff catch later on)

As played do you think villain is good enough to value bet thin on the river a Qx hand (or possibly a weak Ax)? If the answer is no, we should call. Personally I don't think that a 10nl nit thinks like that.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

As you mentioned that you wanted to see free showdown, the best way to get to a free showdown is barreling the turn also then he wont likely bet out the river himself and just Check and even if he does then you will likely know that he is having a better hand. Barreling turn will also make such tight opponents to fold Qx hand.

As played
      Well played, I don't want to catch a bluff on the river as we decided to give up on turn, even though he has such a big AF.

Best regards.