[NL2-NL10] NL2 99 A good time to kick him off?

• p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      Known players:      
      SB:
      $5.55
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9:heart: , 9:club:
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 3 folds, SB raises to $0.10, BB folds, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.22) Q:heart: , 8:diamond: , 7:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.38) J:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.2, SB calls $0.20.

River: ($0.78) 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $5.17 (All-In), Hero calls $1.62 (All-In), SB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $4.02

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (9h 9c)
      SB shows a straight, queen high (Ac Td)

SB wins with a straight, queen high (Ac Td)

Well - I call because its such a small bet and it seems like he is scared + will fold to a bet on the turn - if not i will check/fold river. yes the all-in is stupid i was so happy to see a 9 i forgot about the straight....fail. But turn is good?
  • 6 replies
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      You probably should have raised his flop bet. His CB was less than original bet preflop, besides that way you'd at least try to determine his strength.
      Turn bet should probably be in the range of 2/3 or 3/4 of the pot so IMO about 0.30 would be better.
      The 9 on the river was obviously the only card you didn't want to see... ;)
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      MAJOR LEAK ALERT :) CHECK THE BLOODY BOARD BEFORE YOU GET TOO HAPPY :) :) :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello p0rkus,

Preflop: Why are you limping in with your 99-s? Raise it up! Don't ever limp with PPs.

As played
      Flop: Against his small donk you could easily consider raising it up since the board is that dangerous, maybe even a tight opponent folds his weak Qx type of hand or some draw.

As played after you Call Flop
      Turn: As you floated on flop you can now take the initiative and Bet out and hope him to fold if not then you can likely give it up on most of the river cards. Any 9 will kill your action since he could have a Tx type of hand.
      River: As earlier said the 9 is not the card you wanted to see, you have to fold against that shove, he has you beat.

Best regards.
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      Ummm..... I'm not playing by the silver starting hand charts, I'm still using bronze :) - I always limp unless I am in late position, I am assuming you are talking from a more advanced perspective than I am. Please do tell me if I should make some changes because the only change I made so far is that I limp small PP in early instead of folding because Hasenbraten recomends it on the micro limits + its more fun that way :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by p0rkus
      Ummm..... I'm not playing by the silver starting hand charts, I'm still using bronze :) - I always limp unless I am in late position, I am assuming you are talking from a more advanced perspective than I am. Please do tell me if I should make some changes because the only change I made so far is that I limp small PP in early instead of folding because Hasenbraten recomns it on the micro limits + its more fun that way :)
      Yeah you can do that in smaller limits but don't get used to it since you will change that in higher limits, so you can choose whatever suits better for you.
      Just in higher limits people will start taking notes on you with what you limp and such staff and it will be easy to understand with what you wanting to go broke but on smaller stakes people don't recognize that.
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      Ah, so thats why its like that in the SHC