PartyPoker $11 Tourny Win!

    • sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.11.2010 Posts: 125
      Just got hooked up with PokerStrategy.com a few days ago. Played my first tournament last night a NL $11 buy-in with 90 or so entrants.
      Took her down in a little over 3.5hrs taking home $254.41.

      Pretty excited my first hit in a online tournament in years was a profitable one and a fun experiance. Hopefully carry on this experiance and keep on rollin' in the profits!!

      Cheers, thanks for the start-up!!


      you'll find me so_koi on PartyPoker, PokerStars thus far and hopefully other sites
  • 11 replies
    • bankrollmanagment
      bankrollmanagment
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.05.2010 Posts: 18
      go for it
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.07.2010 Posts: 1,210
      although its against BRM, fair play thats a nice start man

      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.10.2008 Posts: 5,255
      Originally posted by pogodon
      although its against BRM
      No it's not

      Originally posted by bankrollmanagment
      go for it
      .
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.07.2010 Posts: 1,210
      i thought risking 11$ from 50 is against BRM but i dunnnnnooo
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Joined: 29.01.2009 Posts: 1,507
      Originally posted by pogodon
      i thought risking 11$ from 50 is against BRM but i dunnnnnooo
      i think you missed the joke...
    • sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.11.2010 Posts: 125
      you guys are absolutely right. BRM is correct and wasn't exactly the "smartest" of ideas especially starting off the hop....BUUUUUT and there's always a but in most cases right? I was feeling pretty good and when your rushing, I've always been told go with it. So in this case it, it was a positive outcome.
      Sometimes its tough following the "guidelines" that have been laid out for us "noobs" and even the pros i'm sure stick to it, but every now then you get this wierd feeling to go skydiving... so here's hoping to a schute opening every jump! LOL
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.06.2010 Posts: 1,615
      Originally posted by sokoi
      you guys are absolutely right. BRM is correct and wasn't exactly the "smartest" of ideas especially starting off the hop....BUUUUUT and there's always a but in most cases right? I was feeling pretty good and when your rushing, I've always been told go with it. So in this case it, it was a positive outcome.
      Sometimes its tough following the "guidelines" that have been laid out for us "noobs" and even the pros i'm sure stick to it, but every now then you get this wierd feeling to go skydiving... so here's hoping to a schute opening every jump! LOL
      No offense but with that attitude u r going to go broke in under a month.
    • fl4m3r
      fl4m3r
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.11.2009 Posts: 56
      I agree, I used to have that kind of mentality as well, thinking that I am invincible. Hitting $300 with $50 and immediately brought back to earth when im left with $30.

      Please follow BRM, it is the greatest strategy that PS.com provide.
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.01.2010 Posts: 413
      I think you got your fair share of luck this year. Try following BRM from now on. The luck box just closed.
    • ankicasutalo
      ankicasutalo
      Basic
      Joined: 04.01.2011 Posts: 28
      Gutsy & sweet,congrats! ^^
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.08.2010 Posts: 1,213
      Originally posted by L3ST
      I think you got your fair share of luck this year. Try following BRM from now on. The luck box just closed.

      I agree,

      I had 50$ and went to 6$ tourney and won 1st place with 74$, after that, I didn't have a single tournament like this.

      (well it was bit different, I got 10$ of Tournament Dollars as bonus but it wasn't with Bankroll managemt, still had 4$ still and got to 6$, got in cash)

      was preaty sure I was lucky, even my winning hand as A5 against AK, but dunno, I was big chip leader on HU

      and I know what is feeling to win 1st place by NOT following BRM. :f_cool:
      but don't get on euforia.

      by the way, it was party poker too.