Stacks & Stats
      MP ($22.10)
      CO ($76.35)
      UTG ($33.08)
      BB ($25.33)
      SB ($27.72) (26/23/4.2/27/289)
      Hero ($25.09)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3 , 3
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, SB raises to $3.00, BB folds, Hero calls $3.00

Flop: ($6.50) 3:heart: , A, J [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      [color:#FF0000]SB bets $4.50[/color], Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($15.50) 2 [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      [color:#FF0000]SB bets $10.00[/color], Hero raises to $17.59 (All-in)

We raise preflop from the button and SB three bets us. We call in this case because Villain is very aggressive and in case of us hitting, we could play for a big pot. Villain is aggressive postflop as well and quite frequently tries to bet his opponents out of the hand with a 2nd barrel. Furthermore we are in position.
      We hit our set on a good flop. The board is drawless, adding to this Villain has often hit his ace in this situation.
      By default he makes his continuation bet which we just call. We would chase out worse hands too often if we were to raise here.
      The turn is not dangerous either. Villain barrels again and we raise all-in this time. We don’t do this to protect. Villain will hardly ever hold two -cards in this situation.
      It is our goal to go all-in. Villain is basically forced to call our push due to our stack which are left over.

2.) PartyPoker $25 NL Hold'em (6 handed) HandRecorder v0.9b

Stacks & Stats
      BU ($33.98)
      MP ($44.33)
      CO($13.56)
      UTG ($22.23)
      BB ($54.51)
      Hero ($24.69)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4 , 4
      UTG raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BU calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) 8 A 4 [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, UTG bets $3.00, BU folds, Hero raises to 10.00$, UTG calls $10.00

Turn: ($23.50) 6 [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      Hero bet $13.69 (All-in), UTG folds

We hold 44 in the Sb against two unknown Villains. We have good odds preflop to call for set value.
      We hit our set on the flop, however, we are out of position and have to act first. We have two opponents on a drawless board, there is no reason do donk.
      UTG makes his continuation bet and the button folds. We check/raise now.
      By doing this move we clearly show the strength of our hand, but there is also the problem of not having position. By check/raising we build up the pot and buy the initiative on the turn.
      Alternatively it could have looked like this:

3.) PartyPoker $25 NL Hold'em (6 handed) HandRecorder v0.9b

Stacks & Stats
      BU ($43.22)
      MP ($18.12)
      CO($35.21) (54/12/2.1/32/431)
      UTG ($33.33) (18/15/1.1/24/912)
      BB ($21.22)
      Hero ($25.21)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6 , 6
      UTG raises to $1.00, 1 fold, CO calls $1.00, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.00, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) 6 7 A [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      Hero bets 3.00$, UTG calls $3.00, CO calls $3.00

Turn: ($12.50) K [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      Hero...???

How does hero act and why? How would he react to bets and raises behind him. Should he have check/raised on the flop? What factors are in favor of a bet and what factors are in favor of a check/raise?
  • 5 replies
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      i think we should check call here . 2 oponents called on the flop . they could have drawn with the q of clubs easily (aq kq ) or one of them could floped the flush ( co is favourite in this situation to have floped it ). we have to pot bet oop because the board is drawy and we dont like the oposition to draw with 1 card to a flush . on turn we have to check call because usualy one of the oponent has made the flush but we still have odds to win a big pot if the board pairs .
      a check raise on the flop might throw away draws without pairs on the bord but might induce an all in from oposition with top pair flush draw in wich case we are favourites or an all in from a made flush where we are behind but can improve .
      i believe donking is better here

about the 1st hand . does it respect the call 15 rule ? cause i have made a similar play with 99 and the judge said was bad
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I think hero could have gone for a check raise here: 2 opponents, the pot was raised preflop (possible cbet), there's an ace on the board, fairly aggressive player in possition. As played, we are most likely behind on the turn, so I would go for check/call here (call a reasonable bet for fullhouse implied odds). I was thinking about bluff information bet but I reckon it's not worth a stab with this loose-aggressive guy in position who might raise. One more thing that came into my mind is that this tight preflop raiser might have AK, KK or AA, so we might be outdrawn in case A or K shows up on the river here.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Check/fold. UTG is tight passive and he called a raise on a very scary flop. His Vp$ip is very similar to his PFR which to me means that he only bets with strong hands pf. Could well be that he has AA or KK, so we are up against flush and higher sets
    • dhw86
      dhw86
      Bronze
      what about folding hand 1 preflop?
      villain is aggressive, which also means he is 3betting lighter than normal players and we possibly wont get paid off if we hit our set.

he could be 3betting something like SCs 45+, PPs 22+, AT+, KQ, maybe even more unpaired broadway hands.

i think fit or fold isnt +EV here.

maybe its +EV if we make a move on good boards where he folds most unpaired starting hands.

but on NL25SH i would just fold preflop and tend to 4bet him next time with JJ and AQ in addition to the normal BvsB 4bet hands.

edit: here we have special reads (he 2nd barrels in 3bet pots), but is that the typical 26/23 LAG ?
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      make a block bet, i think you still have 10 outs(1 6, 9 for a paired board), and if they slwplay their flush, you can flush them right through the toilet. You often get odds to play here, they won't reraise you to often, because they probably think they are sucking you all the way in if they call your blocking bet.