[NL2-NL10] NL200SH big river bet

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here) 
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $119.05
      MP3:
      $247.10
      CO:
      $199
      BB:
      $50.31

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:spade: , T:spade:
      MP3 raises to $7.00, CO folds, Hero raises to $22.00, 2 folds, MP3 calls $15.00.

Flop: ($47.00) 2:heart: , J:diamond: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $33, MP3 calls $33.00.

Turn: ($113.00) 8:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($113.00) J:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $75, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $188.00

Dont have many stats vs the opponent but he was pretty wild preflop so i decided to reraise him IP. On the river i was itching to call , putting him most likely on a draw. Or is a fold better in that spot? his AF was 3 but like i said i have a small sample size.
  • 4 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Hard to say with that kind of stats of villain. I personally would rather bet/fold turn and check river behind than check turn behind, with his aggression factor he's very likely to bet river with whatever he has as you didn't protect against draw on turn. In my opinion if you check behind turn, then you should also call his riverbet if river is a "safecard" & I think J is the best card aside from 9 that can come up with the river, so this way played I would call it.

On the other hand you don't have much stats from villain, so it's not a bad choice to play it safe either I guess.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      My stack preflop was 220$.
      The thing is that if i bet again for say 75$ and he raises , i have already invested too much money in the pot and i cant fold anymore with my pair and OESD (I would have like 90 left and the pot would be 350) and i didnt feel like playing for a full stack there. I dont really like to invest too much money when i have 2nd pair , maybe i am underestimating it but the more i see this hand i lean towards a call.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi undercover82!

I think you played this hand well because you don't want to play for stacks here on the turn and on the river he can easily have a J or straight. Since you only beat a bluff I don't think you should call here although he is very aggressive.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • dhw86
      dhw86
      Bronze
      i wouldnt 3bet preflop, even IP your hand is quite hard to play when you hit TP type hands.

as played i would say nh.

betting turn is bad, first reason is youre comitting yourself and you have to call a turn push with yoour OESD outs, second thing is keep the pot small and hope for a free sd/hit your draw and stack him.