Hello from Down Under

• Alieaz
      Alieaz
      Bronze
      Dear Poker Strategist's,

My name is Andrew and I'm from Christchurch, New Zealand. I play NL2 on Bet 365 (Action723) and also have accounts at PKR and Pokerstars (Alieaz). I started playing poker for the first time in August and I'm really enjoying it, particularly as I'm winning - even if only a tiny amount. I found this site while googling for training sites because I'm a micro-break-even-Donkey in dire need of improvement - and I think my results since finding this site have shown the effectiveness of the material that is provided here.

I recently started playing a few SNG's with limited success but wish to improve this area of my game. I also play live in the NPPL league at a few venues, and while I haven't won an event yet, I did cash in 3rd place the last round.

Cheers,

Andrew
  • 13 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Hey

I'm also from chch. Where do you play the NPPL league? Are they freerolls?

Hope you go well at this site
    • Alieaz
      Alieaz
      Bronze
      Iconic and Woolston Club

My mate Bryce is about to start running the Woolston one. No raffles and some good poker there. Iconic is full of maniacs who will get your stack with T4o, 52o and Q4o against your AA KK and AKs (all examples of things that happened to me) and people who buy a million raffle tickets and sit down with 12k instead of the 4k starting stack.... grr. It also has the Lin brothers who are both excellent players and a couple of others who's names don't immediately come to mind.
    • j1gsaw
      j1gsaw
      Bronze
      aussie aussie aussie

G day from GC,Qld welcome this place is a great community hope u enjoy it
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey Alieaz

The real question is, how do you stop your beer spilling on to your chips when one of those tremors hit?

Glad to see you've already started getting benefit from the solid amount of content on the site. Make sure to take advantage of the hand evaluation forums to check out hands you're unsure of.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask around and someone will be sure to be able to help you out!

Best of luck!
      :s_cool:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by j1gsaw
      aussie aussie aussie
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Too many people from the southern hemisphere. Just kidding, welcome mate, hope you enjoy it ;)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      We will take over the world.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      WTF, you can't even beat England. Maybe you could coax Oprah to open your bowling attack? :f_p:

Edit: Of course, I forgot it'd be a combined effort. In that case it becomes an LDO.
    • MiikkaAnttonen
      MiikkaAnttonen
      Silver
      I've been to Christchurch! I stayed in a hostel that was built inside a jailhouse, and the rooms were jail cells. Cool place that was.

GL!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      WTF, you can't even beat England. Maybe you could coax Oprah to open your bowling attack? :f_p:

Edit: Of course, I forgot it'd be a combined effort. In that case it becomes an LDO.
      I've never heard a woman talk so much smack in my life.
      I guess I'm only 22 ;)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy

I've never heard a woman talk so much smack in my life.
      I guess I'm only 22 ;)
      I've already told you, I okay with how you live your life, just keep your fantasies about me off the forums okay?
      :f_p:
    • lcm54
      lcm54
      Bronze
      Hey all,

am originally from Christchurch, NZ too (but now live in the UK) and have recently found out that I have a natural knack for card games including poker.

Alieaz referred me to this site and I have to say that I've been impressed with the amount of excellent info to be found here. I was having huge trouble with making money cause I lacked a good bankroll management system. Am really keen to get out there now and make the most of all the info here and build that bankroll slowly.

Anyways, just thought I'd say hi to you all and good luck to everyone from down under!!!

Latoya (aka lcm54)
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Latoya,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

So you have played poker already in the past? Have you played online as well?

Have you passed already the quiz and chosen your poker room?

If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to open a thread in our forums.

Cheers,
      Hannes