any good nlh and plo books?

• snrkskfmf
      snrkskfmf
      Bronze
      hi

will anyone recommend me good no limit holdem and pot limit omaha high books other than ss2?

no limit section in ss2 basically can be summed up in one word, "push", and i found it doesnt work like that the hard way

so any good books?
  • 6 replies
    • snrkskfmf
      snrkskfmf
      Bronze
      btw, i'll have become a gold this thursday, lol
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      for me HoH has learnt me lots about mtt and s&g, but also about cashgames. There is some general info in there about what flops are dangerous, how to play at the start, how to play the endgame (HoH2), which might be usefull in sss. The only thing youll have to think about, is that Harrington operates with a lot of time pressure, so thats a big difference. It can still be useful for cash though, it is very thorough on topics like:

when to bluff
      how to suck someone in
      etc.
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      a lot of time pressure

What do you mean with this?
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      you need to accumulate chips quite fast, because you can be blinded out, which is impossible in a cashgame. Thereby, if you only play premium hands, youll be shortstacked at some point, because other players are much more aggressive, so while you have made 10chips an hour, other players might win 100chips an hour, and those people normally win tournaments.
    • snrkskfmf
      snrkskfmf
      Bronze
      thanks, ill definitely check them out soon
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      A very good book on NL Hold'em that I liked a lot is "No Limit Hold'em: Theory and Practice" by David Sklansky. It's not cashgame nor tournament oriented.