This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 1 hand NL 100$ - cb with overcards

• xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      OnGame's Room No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) by Hand Converter CG

MP2 ($76.35)
      MP3 ($98.50)
      CO ($87.10)
      Button ($111.25)
      SB ($111.65)
      BB ($71.45)
      Hero ($22.00)
      UTG+1 ($97.20)
      MP1 ($110.55)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:diamond: , K:diamond: .
      1 fold, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, MP1 calls $4, 5 folds.

Flop: ($9) Q:spade: , 6:club: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, MP1 raises to $18, Hero calls.

After I played this hand, I thought I did big mistake... his re-raise is to strong. I didn`t think he hit the flop, but I guessed he had pocket pairs. My odds are close to 3:1 for 6 outs..

But pokerstove says it`s an easy call... my equity against pocket pairs is about 31%... So I get good odds...

On other hand, he could have made full house or trips there, but I don`t think its very likely... (he had pocket 8s)

So I think its either push (which seems to agressive given the pot:stack ratio) or fold after cbet...
  • 1 reply
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Against a range of 55-JJ, AJs+, AQ+ you have an equity of 33%.

But if we rule out AJ here but also assume that KK and AA would make that a break even situation, I would assume that most of the times 55-JJ pus you here, as well as AQ and AQs.

Against this hand range you have an equity of 26%, what wouldn´t be enough to call here.

But if your opponent is pretty loose preflop and very aggressive postflop against short stacks a call would be ok. Otherwise without reads I would fold here.