Back from the dead

• Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone will remember me but I used to be quite active here probably around a year ago. The reason I stopped playing poker was because I switched to headsup pure and simple. I was making some pretty good money playing sh cashgames then as soon as I switched to hu I crashed and burned lol. I lost like 1.5k and had had enough so I withdrew my money and quit.

I was bored today so thought I would see how pokerstrategy is getting on and by all accounts it looks like it's booming!

So fill me in on the poker gossip :) When I quit Omaha was on the increase big time, I just remember watching the red pros going at it on ftp exchanging ridiculous amounts of money.

Where do you think I should start playing again, I am thinking some micro sng's to ease myself back into it again and see how it goes.

I logged into my ftp account and found $45 sitting there, I guess it must have been rake back money or something.

Btw is there still an IRC channel where you guys hang out? That used to be good fun, I remember watching Yoghi play some silly high stakes which was pretty cool.

See you soon!
  • 6 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      On unrelated note, I'm too sexy for my shirt
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      lol that is quite unrelated ^^
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      yea, well, that's just how I roll. :f_cool:

Anyway, NLHE is still the main game, HUNL is still dying slowly so does poker in general. :P French and Italian donks can't play with international players anymore and other countries seem to be likely to follow them in that direction. So things look kinda lame for poker. :)

Omaha is still "game of future" and prob will never become a main game, tho nosebleed action is mainly in PLO and other non-NLHE games but that shouldn't matter much to us, mortals.

As for where to start, idk, do whatever you feel most fun doing and results will come or if not then at least you'll have a good time.

Have no idea about IRC since never used that stuff.

That's all I guess, merry xmas! :)
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      that 50$ is probably money that you lost to bots, they banned them not long ago.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks NightFrostaSS for your summary and welcome back Alexd10 :)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alexd10
      Btw is there still an IRC channel where you guys hang out? That used to be good fun, I remember watching Yoghi play some silly high stakes which was pretty cool.
      We're still in #pokerstrategy-en on Quakenet. Cya there :)

welcome back