Hi from Romania...

• nic01ae
      nic01ae
      Basic
      and Merry Christmas!

I started to play poker long time ago, during my student's years, five card draw.

Later, my wife imposed me to choose between she and poker. I chose her, of course! And I finished with poker.

Some years ago I started to play with web sites as developer, admin and writer of content, including gambling related, and I worked as affiliate during the golden years before UIGEA. And even after, but not so lucky as before.

Some months ago I wanted to see myself where I redirect my visitors, so I started to play myself poker online, this time Texas hold 'em especially, but as well Omaha, razz, stud, and even five card draw, even if now it seems to me less interesting than before.

My overall results was a negative balance, although I thought that I am a good player. So I started to rethink my way of playing poker, and I revisited (I know it for long time) this awesome web site. I joined it about 2 hours ago. I earned my first $50 here with the quiz (now I am in the process of checking the ID), and I think I will keep this site as my base for all my future poker parties.

Regards,

Nicolae
  • 7 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey nic01ae,

Merry Christmas.

So how is your wife now that you have decided to have a second shot at poker? ;)

Sounds like you are closely related to the industry.
      Hope the background knowledge will help you.

I'm sure POkerStrategy.com can turn your "negative balance" into a nice +$$$ amount :s_cool:

Also, if you had a previous account with us, our support team might require you to use your old account.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • nic01ae
      nic01ae
      Basic
      Hi Kyle,

Not an old account, I just heard about Poker Strategy from a client and visited your site. It was a time when I wanted to ask your permission to translate the guides into Romanian, but I saw that there already exists a translation.

I spent very few money playing poker, but this way I knew and understood better the main poker sites and some of the affiliate programs, and I made a lot of new friends. So, I lost a few dollars at the poker table, but I gained a lot more with my little company due to this implication. Finally, it was somewhat the case for what Thomas Robert Dewar said, that "no wife can endure a gambling husband, unless he is a steady winner".
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

In fact you already have experiences with affiliate work, why don't refer your friends to PokerStrategy.com?

You can earn up to $100 for each friend. Have a look at our tell a friend section, where you find further information:
      Refer a new member

All the best on the tables,
      Hannes
    • nic01ae
      nic01ae
      Basic
      Hi Hannes,

I thought about this after I joined yesterday the site.

My strategy as affiliate changed a lot after UIGEA, and changed also this year, but Poker Strategy is different from the online poker rooms, so I think I will imply in the promotion in the near future (for the moment, I have some work to do with the traditional food and drink for Christmas, and the New Year's party :) )

Regards,

Nicolae
    • nic01ae
      nic01ae
      Basic
      A strange and it seems to me a bit unreasonable request during the process of checking my identity, in order to gain the $50 (it is not my main goal to earn this money when I joined the site): after I send scanned copies from my driver license I received a message that my image on the driver license is not enough clear and to send a new proof of my identity. There it is here a logic that i do not understand:

1. The promise of $50 do not specify that I have to send, after, a lot of documents to prove my identity

2. It is my interest to send my real identity because, if I earn money on the online poker room that I join with this promotional code, they need my real identity in order for me to receive the earned money.

3. What to do with a clearer image of mine on the documents (even if the scanned document has 100 px in resolution, usually enough for this kind of check): as long as you never saw me, how can you compare the image on my documents to check if it is the same person with me?

4. Eventually you can ask for a better resolution, but why a new ID doc, if you specify in the beginning that it is enough a single document that shows the name, address, my image, and my age?

Regards,

Nicolae
    • nic01ae
      nic01ae
      Basic
      The final answer: "We are sorry to inform you that your user account did not pass our ID check and we therefore cannot transfer the $50 starting capital to your account... Unfortunately, these rules still apply in the event that we have made an incorrect decision."

Anyway, I appreciated the lessons, and I will try to use it in my future games.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello nic01ae,

I am sorry that you haven't passed our ID check and therefor cannot receive the $50 starting capital.

We are not able to disclose any information about our ID-check. The ID-check can't be repeated or the decision overturned. I am sorry if we made an incorrect decision.

You still can become an active member of PokerStrategy.com by selecting one of our great first deposit bonus codes. You can see all available poker rooms here:
      The Best Bonuses in Online Poker

Good luck,
      Hannes