[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Mp2 44

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.95 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4:heart: , 4:spade:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) Q:spade: , 3:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.47) K:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.28, MP1 calls $0.28.

River: ($1.03) 8:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.03

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (Ac Jd)
      Hero shows a pair of fours (4h 4s)

Hero wins with a pair of fours (4h 4s)

Flop: I felt he would cbet that flop 100% of the time and I'm ahead of a large part of his range here so I called.

Turn: I attempted to take the pot down here.

River: I felt he could be on a draw he picked up on turn and would only call with a better hand so just checked behind and hoped I was good.

Anything I should have done differently?

• 1 reply
    • funktor
      Hi Jeffers16!

Preflop: I am folding here as you still have 5 players behind to act and anybody can 3-bet here in which case you should fold.

Flop: We have only 1 over card and have some back door str8 equity as well, so you can take 1 card.

Turn: When he checks to us, he may have A high ( that is not likely to fold) to resonably small bet as it might have up to 7 outs to pair (gutshot + overcard), or smaller PP. Hands like QJs, AQ you will definetly not fold for 1 barrel and you would have to bet (big) turn and river to get him from the hand, with WTSD 32 you may not be even able force him to fold. Therefore I am more inclined to check behind and folding to reasonably size river bet, J, T and A.

River: I believe if you decide to take the line, you should bet again here to let him fold some better hands that he might call you for 1 street.