hello pokerstrategy peeps

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Hey guys my name's lewis. i joined up a couple days ago. i'm liking the site - it's very useful and has some awesome info. I been playing poker for a couple years now but only became interested in improving my game about a year ago. I need a lot of work but i'm getting there. I hope using this site will help me improve faster.

I play on ftp and i am currently stuck at the micros lol. i'm determined to get the hell out of there!

anyways that's me for now bye bye.
  • 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Lewis, good to see you, welcome to the community.

My only advice to you would be to keep an open mind as you've already been playing for a couple of years. Don't be afraid to study hard and try things differently from what you've done in the past.
      I know from personal experience that some old habits are hard to break, but with an open mind and a lot of legwork, you can fine-tune your existing game and improve your overall stats ;)

I would also highly recommend our free live coaching sessions with hugely experienced coaches. You can check out the coaching schedule in this link.

The coaches are great as explaining in detail how they play tricky situations and are always happy to answer questions whilst playing.

Welcome once again and look forward to seeing you active around the forums in due course.

Best regards,

Bart
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi bart thanks for the info on the coaches - i'll definitely look into that. with the micro stakes my main problem is this (which happened earlier): i was dealt pocket kings and raised preflop about 3xbb. got reraised a bit more by a guy + 2 callers so i pushed and got 2 callers and 1 fold. 1 guy turns over QQ the other turns over 77. he turned quad 7s on me X( it's stuff like this. i'm playing TAG and making proper play as far as i can tell. i dunno - i know it's a very common complaint so i guess i have to deal with it. the thing is i don't have any software which tracks and records my hands and my play so i can't post anything for hand analysis...
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hello again my friend,

Yes, I know that situation well from many previous times myself. You're right it does happen... frequently, but be content with the way you played it. Over the longer term, you should win far more than you lose when you get the money in ahead.
      I think I'm right in quoting fellow members as saying that to get a decent sample size (to assess variance), you need 100k hands, so try not to worry about the odd hand that gets sucked out. Difficult I know.

I can help you with the software side of things. Check out the PokerStrategy Elephant software tool. It will keep a database of your hand history, provide anaylse of your play and also give you a helpful Heads UP Display whilst playing too. It's free to members and constantly being developed.

Other software is available, such as HEM, PT3 which both cost money, but maybe start out with the Elephant and see how you get on.

Shout if you have any questions, we're all friendly and helpful here ;)

Best regards,

Bart
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ah yeah the elephant - i did download it today. after setting it up, when it came to the username and password bit i entered it all and i got an error message. scrolling around the forums i saw a solution but there didnt seem to be much for windows vista which is what i use so i uninstalled it. i would love to be able to use it though so if you can help that would be great