Need some advice

• LurkerBelow
      LurkerBelow
      Bronze
      Ok, so i play (online) poker for about 2 months now. I had 2 free bankrolls, and i deposited $50 of my own somewhere and managed to loose them all pretty fast. Keep in mind, i had no poker experience what so ever till i stumbled on Pokerstrategy, so don't kill me here telling me to quit, i just started :)

However, last few weeks ive been really studying this (fucking awesome!!!) website and i feel like i learned alot.

My last bankroll i doubled up, before i came home from a party and lost that complete bankroll in 2 hands. (yes, lesson learned, never ever play drunk again) never had a worse hangover then that day, cause i really did my best to stick to the SSS.

Now i have a new bankroll thanks to your awesome TAF program. So i want to start over again, with pure SSS. Since i doubled up last time, should work now aswell.

There are a few things im not sure about yet.

I started playing on Titan now and there are really small limits.

1. What limit should i start? 0.01/0.02 - 0.02/0.04 or 0.05/0.10
      - I find it harder to play SSS on 0.01/0.02 since so many people just call everything and you never really know what your up against.
      - Also on 0.01/0.02 i feel the urge to play more hands aswell, since you can see pretty much every flop for 0.02 and then play from there, but the risk other players have strong hands aswell is pretty high i think. Correct me if im wrong.

I always play 4 tables.

2. Should i go play Full Ring or Shorthanded?
      - Im really not sure what to do here, I find SH easier to multitable cause you have more sight on how people play, so you can adjust yourself abit more to your opponents.
      - However, i feel i can make more profit on FR, since people seem to be looser there. But then again, there are more chances that people have better cards.
  • 5 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      1. What limit should i start? 0.01/0.02 - 0.02/0.04 or 0.05/0.10
      - I find it harder to play SSS on 0.01/0.02 since so many people just call everything and you never really know what your up against.

You can start with NL 10$ (0.05/0.1) and you want many people just call everything. Because with SSS range you will be ahead most of the time.

- Also on 0.01/0.02 i feel the urge to play more hands aswell, since you can see pretty much every flop for 0.02 and then play from there, but the risk other players have strong hands aswell is pretty high i think. Correct me if im wrong.

You are wrong. 0.02c on this limit is one BB out of your 20BB stack, so it doesn`t matter what limit you play, it is still 1BB. therefore, if you want to be a winning SS player you need to stick to the strategy

2. Should i go play Full Ring or Shorthanded?

You shold play Full ring only, since strategy doesn`t work on SH tables. Make sure that there are more than 7 players at the table and less then 3 shortstackers.
    • LurkerBelow
      LurkerBelow
      Bronze
      :D thanks, you got some good points there, thats pretty much what i wanted to know

If anyone else has anything to add please do, i want to know it all!! :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      you are welcome) one more point:

Im really not sure what to do here, I find SH easier to multitable cause you have more sight on how people play, so you can adjust yourself abit more to your opponents.

the thing is, before NL 100-200 you don`t need any adjusments to your opponents. strategy works perfect without any reads, ofcourse having some won`t hurt, but it`s not essential at all... Later you will have PT and PA HUD, that can help a lot... but even then stats are not that much important, since the statistics you need requires a sample of about 3-4k hands (for one opponent) to make a correct judgement and normally, you will go through limit faster, than you will get such a sample...

So you will think about adjustments later on the highr limits, where you hopefully will be playing as a regular...

but now, you can increase the number of tables as long as you feel comfortable... I think 6-8 tables is solid result for the begginers, but don`t rush here, increse number of tables one by one, so you can get used to it... I play 12+ tables right now... strated with 6... and some players play 20+ tables using SSS and this is one of the biggest advantege of SSS...
    • LurkerBelow
      LurkerBelow
      Bronze
      Great thanks for your help good sir :) ye, i feel comfortable on 4 tables now, maybe i should go to 6 tables.

And your probarly right ye good SSS doesnt need reads :)

You made me much wiser today, thanks again
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      no problem) But if you really want to get wiser on everyday basis I suggest you posting hands in "Sample Hands" forum, where professional judge and other players can discuss your play and offer their opinions on how this hand should/could be played. This is one of the most powerfull study resources offered by Pokerstrategy...

Good luck !