Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.48
      MP3:
      $4.23

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , T:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, MP3 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.52) A:diamond: , K:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.34, MP3 calls $0.34.

I raised pre-flop, so I make a C-bet (~2/3 pot) even with this board. Was that a correct move?

Turn: ($1.20) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, MP3 raises to $3.64 (All-In), Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

In here, what should be the correct move? check-fold or bet-fold? I was on a tight spot, there aren't too many hands that I can beat here. Probably he has suited connectors then flopped the flush because he just limp-called pre-flop.

Final Pot: $2.70
  • 9 replies
    • mordath
      mordath
      Bronze
      I would either bet/fold or c/fold the flop leaning towards the latter. Turn is easy c/f.
    • 36bullets
      36bullets
      Bronze
      Hi mordath,

I was thinking of checking the flop also but in doing so would lead me clueless of villain's range. :D
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Hi,

I prefer to cbet a little smaller (.25) - folding to a raise.

I would just try to check it down after he calls the flop - I don't expect to be bluffed too much on the river since he's passive enough to limp preflop - however I might call a few rivers if I get some werid timing vibe off him and the turn and river are blanks.
    • 36bullets
      36bullets
      Bronze
      I see. I guess I was a lil' bit aggressive on this play.
      Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello 36bullets,

Flop: From my own view I don't like Betting it smaller than yours, rather keep it as it is. For example if I see people betting on such board smaller like $0,25 then I just raise them, since they will very often be scared of the raise, and usually even Donk/Fold in those situations. Therefore good sizing.
      Turn: Just Check/Fold, ain't worth to continue anymore, he wont likely Bet with a lot worse here anyways and also we are against unknown, ain't worth to continue either.

Best regards.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      For example if I see people betting on such board smaller like $0,25 then I just raise them
      I see your point and do this myself - but majority of players at NL5 do not do this - and even so if I get a feeling that player is doing this then i'll just rebluff them once in a while.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by amplifyd
      Originally posted by veriz
      For example if I see people betting on such board smaller like $0,25 then I just raise them
      I see your point and do this myself - but majority of players at NL5 do not do this - and even so if I get a feeling that player is doing this then i'll just rebluff them once in a while.
      Yeah, but I'd rather say that better to get used to it at early play when it's easy so later on you will avoid such situations.

Also for example often time they might Call a smaller Bet more often than a stronger one, that's also the problem.

But of course it ain't such a mistake or anything like that when you decide to Bet weakish, for example against known opponents, you know he either is Check/Folding or just going to continue anyway.
    • 36bullets
      36bullets
      Bronze
      I'm learning much from your conversation. Thanks a lot!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by 36bullets
      I'm learning much from your conversation. Thanks a lot!
      You are welcome! :) And that's why we are here, to help you to find your leaks. Welcome to post more hands, to even have more conversation. :) Good luck on tables!