Skip to forum
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] ATs semi-deep 3handed

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
429 Views
Schrader69
Joined: 08.03.2008
Oldschool Grinder

52/35/inf 25hands (3+4 handed)
pretty deep + bit of a buble factor so played super passive, any1 like to do anything else anywhere instead?

Full Tilt, $22 Buy-in (80/160 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 3 Players
Poker Tools by CardRunners - Hand Details

Hero (BB): 4,600 (28.8 bb)
BTN: 6,970 (43.6 bb)
SB: 1,930 (12.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T A
BTN raises to 480, SB folds, Hero calls 320

Flop: (1,040) Q A 7 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets 480, Hero calls 480

Turn: (2,000) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (2,000) K (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets 1,120, Hero calls 1,120


5 replies

I would fold this pre.

As played, bet the flop. You don't want to give flush draws a free card.


Hlynkinn
Joined: 14.06.2008
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by Ickki
I would fold this pre.

As played, bet the flop. You don't want to give flush draws a free card.

Iðm not quite sure with preflop.. Folding, calling and 3betting all seem to appeal to me... Not sure which one is the best..

Flop I also lead out.. This board is a good one for our opponent to check behind.. and I just think we can get a value out of bunch by betting out here...

when we check our plan should be to check/raise.. but that pretty much isolates us against better hands.. and check/calling is so bad here oop..

So bet/folding is better..

as played check turn is fine..

as played I have no idea at all where we are at on the river... We just have a bluff catcher.. and yeah... no idea :)


chenny8888
Joined: 03.10.2007
Elite Grinder

Hi all,

As a general rule of thumb, you should very rarely lead out Ace high boards without specific history or reads.

Pre is fine. Flop I like but check/raise and getting it in is definitely fine too.

Turn is fine.

River I lead for value at around 1/3 potsize (blockbet).


dangermowse
Joined: 24.10.2010
Poker Player

3-4 handed is like the weirdest ever stat filter! You wanna change that. Stats will separate dramtically from bubble to 3 handed, most players filter 4-6 handed then 2-3 handed as separate. That said those stats still look quite loose, I would shove over the raise.


chenny8888
Joined: 03.10.2007
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by dangermowse
3-4 handed is like the weirdest ever stat filter! You wanna change that. Stats will separate dramtically from bubble to 3 handed, most players filter 4-6 handed then 2-3 handed as separate. That said those stats still look quite loose, I would shove over the raise.

3b/calling is better as shoving is a huge overbet in this spot imo.


Share: