deadly serious, seriously deadly

• dragonste
      dragonste
      Bronze
      i have a problem if someone could help me please.

my problem is this, i am a NL5 BBS player, and on playing at this stake i play callingstation and very weak players all the time. but by playing these weak players, they never have the stake to give me value for my gd hands unless of course they have a very bad hand that always manages to beat my strong starting hands.
      my leak that i know and want to sort out is, i seem to be winning lots of little pots and then lossing one big pot destroying all my profit for the day in one or two hands. i would like someone to just help me out a bit PLEASE.
      my graph looks like a W an its stupid that i can just make it go up. HELP.

btw i relise tonight that i may be on a tilt a bit an really anoyed but it is what is happening to me... HELP
  • 6 replies
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      Analyze and post hands. If your making mistakes find them and do something about them. There are plenty of videos and articles that will help you on the way.

A common mistake is that players tend to have a strong hand on flop or turn and the river completes the Opponents hand, even though you know you are beat you are calling because you had a strong hand on flop and turn.

I had that leak and when i stopped calling when i was probably beat i improved my game significantly.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi dragonste,

Unless I am misreading you state your leak in your paragraph

and on playing at this stake i play callingstation

I suggest you read (or re-read) the strategy articles on this site. you will see that been a calling station is a HUGE leak and one of the easiest to exploit. Try to play tight aggressive to start with and then as you develop (after a few months) adapt with your findings and start creating your own style.

best of luck at the tables
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      I see the same thing at times on NL25 and NL50, I see a lot of players that will call 50 - 80% preflop then fold on the flop to a continuation bet. Try to make a note on these players as some will only call you down to the river with a hand that beats top pair.
    • JimmyHertz
      JimmyHertz
      Bronze
      You lack aggression!!! Tight up a bit but rise your level of aggression, use your position. In order to do this right and with sense my advice is to play micro limit SNG turbo or even super turbo. When you become comfortable with this level of aggression go back to NL5 or NL2. Use your aggression and your chips to isolate weak players then, don't give them free card and you will become profitable. At low limits you sometimes need to amplify your action, as they say BET like you GOT'em. Try this... it will only cost you a money and time :) !!!
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      What i do is loosen up my value hand range, and play for value postflop
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RMB
      Analyze and post hands. If your making mistakes find them and do something about them. There are plenty of videos and articles that will help you on the way.

A common mistake is that players tend to have a strong hand on flop or turn and the river completes the Opponents hand, even though you know you are beat you are calling because you had a strong hand on flop and turn.

I had that leak and when i stopped calling when i was probably beat i improved my game significantly.
      This +1