[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, TPTK facing shove on the flop

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Alright, we have this type of :f_eek: here: 22/4/3.0, 3-bet 8.3 during 24 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP) ($11.29)
      CO ($4.30)
      Button ($10.63)
      SB ($10.42)
      BB ($9.36)
      UTG ($4.15)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, A
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, 3 folds, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.05) 4, Q, 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $8.86 (All-In), Hero ???

My first thought of this was a standart line with KK+, when fish has no idea how to play it properly (gayraise preflop, psb or even shove on the flop). But.. I've seen fishes min-3betting preflop with any 2 cards, and KQ, QJ, QT likes could easily be in his range here. Even TT-JJ would be very possible here, I've seen very similar line with TT-JJ even from regulars with good stats (maybe they were tilted). I'm a little bit confused actually, isn't my hand too good to fold here?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Often times also such min-raises mean hands like KK+ unless I have other reads. Therefore flop is rather a fold than a Call, of course his play doesn't make sense but also it's way too much to Call to find out either he is doing it with air or not or even with weaker hands. You Called? What did he have?

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, I called and he actually had KK. It was pretty interesting moment, because this guy was Spanish, and I've met so much Spanish players at Rush who keeps raising you, bluffing, pot size donking flop when you are preflope 3bettor, even 2barreling with air.. I don't want to insult someone, but I mean these guys are really crazy, and I like it when they choose awful spots to perform their megabluffs :D I would probably fold against more "cold blooded" opponent though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Yeah, I called and he actually had KK. It was pretty interesting moment, because this guy was Spanish, and I've met so much Spanish players at Rush who keeps raising you, bluffing, pot size donking flop when you are preflope 3bettor, even 2barreling with air.. I don't want to insult someone, but I mean these guys are really crazy, and I like it when they choose awful spots to perform their megabluffs :D I would probably fold against more "cold blooded" opponent though.
      Nah, you wont see a bluff here ever. More often it's a shove for value. At least has something. Unless he is on mega-tilt or something similar.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      I don't know what's happening, but I see so much crazy bluffs at NL10 Rush.. Guys are dumping their whole stacks with complete air, sometimes even things like this happen:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($18.86)
      UTG ($10.51)
      MP ($32.16)
      CO ($16.20)
      Hero (Button) ($18.54)
      SB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2, 2
      UTG calls $0.10, MP bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.65, 2 folds, CO calls $1.35, Hero calls $1.35

Flop: ($5.40) 2, 6, Q (3 players)
      BB bets $2.65, 1 fold, Hero raises to $7.75, BB raises to $17.21 (All-In), Hero calls $9.14 (All-In)

Turn: ($39.18) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($39.18) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $39.18 | Rake: $2

Results:
      Hero had 2, 2 (full house, twos over sevens).
      BB had J, A (one pair, sevens).
      Outcome: Hero won $37.18

I admit that I didn't make a perfect play here preflop, but dumping your double stack with air.. wtf?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Such things happen but the situation is a bit other thing since he is trying to make you fold your TP or something similar and might see you even folding it. :D But on the 1st hand he is directly shoving in, which he ain't taking that often as a bluff, unless we have some other reads that he is spewing away his money.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Hmm, you got an interesting spot here.. I'm gonna filter out all hands where I faced similar over-agression and review it. Probably I've made a ton of mistakes and bad calls there. Thanks for the enlightening :)