[NL2-NL10] NL2 - Best to give it up after flop?

• Philfox1985
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , 7:heart:
      4 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU raises to $0.04, SB calls $0.03, Hero calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.16) Q:heart: , J:club: , 2:heart: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.1, Hero raises to $0.33, 2 folds, SB calls $0.23.

Turn: ($0.82) 2:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.82) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.52, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.82

Tricky hand for me, I had considered just calling or folding on the flop. Decided to go for the raise as it would create a little more fold equity for the opponent, and if he did call I could be fairly sure that my top pair wasn't good enough to win the hand.

From that point I pretty much decided that I should check it down to the showdown (if possible). Considered a bet on the turn, but didn't want to inflate the pot.

On the river on seeing an ace (against the pre-flop raiser), I decided that it was time to fold.
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja

Fold preflop. Q7o doesn't play well enough and doesn't hit good enough multiway to make it work.

As played we could call flop bet (not raise), but we should give up against any action anyway. Raising is not an option as we have no idea what's initial raises is going to do (BTN) and I doubt we're willing to play for stacks here.

Good luck!