vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands

25 - 0 7
      UTG2: $10,04
      6.0 57 16 165

Hero: $7,76

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A :spade: , K :heart: (Comment)
      UTG2 calls $0,04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,46) K :diamond: , Q :heart: , 9 :heart: (2 players) (Comment)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0,32, UTG2 raises to $0,76, Hero calls $0,44.

Turn: ($1,98) 3 :heart: (2 players) (Comment)
      UTG2 bets $1,08, Hero folds.

What should we do with such a postflop aggressor. I didn't like his minraise. Is it better to fold on the flop?
  • 3 replies
    • Donkey111
      Donkey111
      Bronze
      After the cbet, I would make my decision to see a showdown on the flop. So you should either raise or fold on the flop (I would fold). Calling the flop against aggressive opponents with one pair to fold the turn is going to make you bleed money.

I wouldn't cbet this very wet board either. I would check behind on the flop and check/call the turn and probably the river as it is a way ahead/way behind situation. How to play against aggressive opponents? As a start, don't give them the opportunity to bluff you on wet boards.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alejandro111,

By that do you mean his playstyle was like aggressor, or just asking what should you do if you face such an aggression? I'd say I'd rather Bet/Fold even though that sometimes such a line might be too weak but more often people on such limits as NL2/NL4 they just don't raise there with pure bluff, more often are doing it fore value. Only reasonable hand we could see there is some kind of draw, so as played folding a turn is a must if we did Call it on flop.

Best regards.
    • Alejandro111
      Alejandro111
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Alejandro111,

By that do you mean his playstyle was like aggressor, or just asking what should you do if you face such an aggression?
      Best regards.
      I mean aggressive according to his AF-6