This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH 79o

• jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Silver
      In this hand i think the pre-flop and flop play is pretty standard. My questions relate to the turn and river.

On the turn is the bet ok? Villian could call with a lower pair or over cards and maybe shove his better hands so at least i know where i am. Or should i be checking behind as the villian has already check/called on the flop?

On the river i check behind because i doubt i'm getting a call from worse hands and don't want to get raised so its best just to take the free showdown. Is that thinking ok?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.81
      Hero:
      $2.09

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:spade: , 9:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) 8:spade: , 2:spade: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.42) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30.

River: ($1.02) K:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.02
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jxb1977,

Preflop: Not on those limits, just fold such hands, unless you know the opponents behind you that they are capable of folding enough to steal.

As played
      Postflop: Seems to be fine, although I don't really see much fold equity there on turn anyways. Rather just we got some showdown value now and Check behind and hope to see a showdown without calling.

Best regards.