Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
      2 folds, Button bets $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5.50, Button calls $4

Flop: ($11.25) 8, Q, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, Button calls $7

Turn: ($25.25) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($25.25) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $14, ...

Villain is 21/18; aggression 1,4; 88 hands.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think that 90% if we have their draws/air we´re barreling and 90% of times if we have if we have KK and lower hands that has showdown value, we´re c/c. So I´m not really sure that you get more value smt like QJ if we check turn and then bet river.
      So I would likely still bet and since there are two flushdraws I think b/c is fine. Also I think shove might be interesting. People would see shove mostly as draws, so they might herocall smt like KQ and likely also with their combodraws
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      I can't see myself overbet shoving. We fold out all hands we beat. If he calls- I'm dead. Ace improved some of his flush draws. Maaaybe a few monsterdraws could make a hero call (KhQh? I doubt he is calling something like KsJs, 7h6h etc). We have no history- no reason to think villain would call 37,5 when 12,5 invested.

Also I can't see me being ahead if I bet/call turn. Villain is not aggressive enough that he is raising allin on the turn with draws if we bet (ok, small samplesize but thats what we've got to work with). And if he is that aggressive wouldn't it be better to c/r allin insted?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zobupasts
      I can't see myself overbet shoving. We fold out all hands we beat. If he calls- I'm dead. Ace improved some of his flush draws. Maaaybe a few monsterdraws could make a hero call (KhQh? I doubt he is calling something like KsJs, 7h6h etc). We have no history- no reason to think villain would call 37,5 when 12,5 invested.

Also I can't see me being ahead if I bet/call turn. Villain is not aggressive enough that he is raising allin on the turn with draws if we bet (ok, small samplesize but thats what we've got to work with). And if he is that aggressive wouldn't it be better to c/r allin insted?
      he is not going to bet that ace too many times, since likely you´re going to c/c or c/rai
      Generally your play is fine to c/c turn and then c/c blank river or if it goes c/c then valuebet river, just 90% players would take that line with made hands so I don´t think he is going to spazz out or anything. Turn shove may be indeed overplayed, just one thought how I might play my combo draws