How do you like the new 888 software update?

• Jonas
      888poker has just updated its software client and it brings players a set of new features, as well as various improvements.

Some of the things you will notice are the addition of tables with video support, resizeable tables, synchronized tournament breaks and more.

Read more about the details here:

What do you think about the 888 software and its new features?
  • 13 replies
    • Jonas
      We are curious about your feedback! :)
    • twinn1

i played today and i think that all MTTs did not go to break at the same time.
      And one thing which i hate was not fixed - if it is your turn on one table and on the other too the second table pop up before the first. On the older version (one year ago :P ) this was fixed. Or am i fish and can set in somewhere in the opitions?

But thumbs up for bigger lobby :)
    • thazar
      It irritates me that the lobby minimises every time you open a table.
    • One12ver
      The new video tables have potential to become popular. Resizeable tables are also a great addition. Overall 888 software is now among the best outthere: fast, clean graphics, and easy to use.
    • Subaaru
      Do not think the tournaments were actually going into breaks synchronized. Maybe just missed it but doubt that.
    • kiromanAAKK
      Last day I have played on a vieo-cam table and I must admit that it was an amazing experience. It was look like play live but from the comfort of your own home. Obviously, you cannot think of multi-tabling as it doesn't seem the ideal; also HUD of HEM wasn't working while I was on the video-table.

But, I suppose it should be for pure fun as it is a particular feel.

But one thing was disturbing me the fact that I was unable to do anything whitout been watched :D
      I :heart: it!
    • Fagin
      @twinn1 - this is why I left 888 when they first updated the software - the lack of a table queuing system makes multi-tabling an absolute nightmare.

It is a shame that they have not yet fixed this as I loved 888 and made a great profit there. They have some excellent tourneys for <$10 buy in but not being able to multi-table ruined the site for me.
    • fuzzyfish
      Hi, just registered at 888. Software looks great and feels functional, although right now there are two main things that bother me:

1. I can't use mouse scroller to increase/decrease bet size.
      2. I can't find the filtering option in the lobby to differentiate between limits (not just micro, low etc but certain limits, like NL30)

Any chance 888 will add those features in the near future?
    • Arron63
      I've seen pictures of the old 888poker tables, and they didn't look the best if I can be honest. Although I never played on the older tables, I must say the changes are magnificent. 888poker is definitely one of my favorite sites to play on, mainly due to the graphics. The idea of video tables are so cool, haven't tried them out yet but might do soon :D Hopefully it will make 888poker stand out and bring in more players.
    • darkod80
      Like it way better than the old ones
    • luizsilveira
      Sorry to bring back the post, but I'm having a couple of difficulties. They may be old issues to I'm sorry about that too.

1 is speed. If I load 3 tables, my processor load is on 100% and everything goes s-l-o-w-l-y sometimes to the point of locking. On Party Poker though, even though it can get a bit slower sometimes, I can 12 table comfortably.

2 is Pokertracker. The hud is never in place, so I have to manually replace everything every time. It's especially annoying when playing on tournaments and a new player comes to the table (messing the whole thing up). It works fine on other sites I pay on (PP and Full Tilt).

ps: the video tables are nice, I can see many people really like them "for the banter" so you get a different public there.
    • EagleStar88
      Hi luizsilveira,

Never be afraid to bump a thread if you need help on something ;)

888 does seem to take up a lot of processing power compared to some other sites. I'm not sure why this is exactly, but I understand it is something that they're working on from other feedback I've seen.

I've easily managed to 4 table and 6 table tournaments before, but tend to ensure that everything is closed down. I'm sure it's feasible to multi-table more than this but just haven't had the need to try myself yet.

I'm afraid that I'm not an expert when it comes to software, other members will no doubt be able to assist you more on this area. What I can say is that I recently purchased HEM from the PokerStrategy shop and other than having to define the start of each tournament as a "Default-9 player table" manually, it seems to work really well.
      I'm guessing that similarly to yourself I shouldn't have to keep manually defining the table though, so I would be equally interested in others thoughts on this :)

Best regards,

• luizsilveira
      Thanks for your reply, Eagle.

About the hud thing: it is configured to a default. The problem is it does not capture people's seats.

So... the hud is in place, perfectly for whichever table (6, 9 or 10 people), but the seats are all random. So I have to unscramble it every time - sometimes more than one per table, as in the MTTs.

If someone does have a solution for that, please to step up :f_biggrin: