Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4
      BU:
      $5.18

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:heart: , 5:heart:
      5 folds, BU raises to $0.12, SB folds, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.26) 8:spade: , 7:diamond: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.48, BU calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.22) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.22) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.44, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.66

BU seemed pretty TAG and was stealing often. I had 3bet a couple times to which he called and had some success calling and then winning as he was giving up easy post flop.

I realise the whole hand seems a bit loose, but I did have a few reads on the guy and we had played a few similar situations before this particular hand.

PF: I realise its quite marginal, but I think I can play this hand profitably against this player.

Flop: Since he's a reg and taggish I think he cbets this flop nearly 100% and will fold a large part of his range to a raise including many hands that have me beat. He may call with some Ax hands too? I also have a gutshot draw for some added outs.

Turn: Now I'm not sure here if I should donk the turn? I think his calling range on the flop might be a set, 99+, AQs+.

River: I didn't like the board pairing and I think he now calls with most hands, many pocket pairs I think in his range. If it had been another high card I think I could bet out to make him fold his 99-JJ hands maybe.

Probably played this badly so give me the bad news :tongue:
  • 1 reply
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Fold preflop, the hand is far too weak to call OOP.
      Having 3bet him before I don't like a 3bet too much either because our equity is bad once we're called.

As played I'd c/c the flop. I doubt we can get him to fold better hands. However, if you think he will call some 99-QQ hands and fold them on a later street the checkraise is good IF you barrel afterwards.

So on the A I think we should fire 100% of the time. It's very difficult for him to show up with Ax and he is probably not thinking too much (he'd see that we cannot have Ax either), so he is going to fold a lot of 99-KK type hands.

As played we could even try to bet $1.1 on the river to represent 8x. If you think he doesn't fold often enough, c/f is the only other option because this is a valuebet of him and he beats our hand with his entire valuerange.