[NL2-NL10] NL5 - KQo OESD

• G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02/$0.04 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

MP3 ($4.94)
      CO ($0.92)
      Button ($9.36)
      SB ($5.27)
      BB ($4.94)
      UTG ($1.19)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      UTG+2 ($3.85)
      MP1 ($4.80) (Hero)
      MP2 ($5.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to 0.2, MP2 calls $0.2, 5 folds, UTG calls $0.16,

Flop: T:heart: , 3:club: , 4:spade: ( $0.66 )
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.40, 1 folds, UTG calls $0.4,

Turn: J:club: ( $1.46 )
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.60, UTG calls All-In $0.59,

River: 9:club: ( $2.65 )

Final Pot: $2.55
      Not much wrong here I think, but wouldn't a check/call be better since Villain is potcommited?

Also: if I checked, and villain checks behind, river comes up black: check/fold or try to take the pot since he hasn't shown any strength?
  • 8 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      fold preflop. I would open-raise KQ from Mp2, but only first in. I would've checked behind twice, or call a medium bet on the turn, because you have 8 outs.
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      I was counting at least 11 outs, since I got 2 overpair. Villain was unknown, but I'm not giving him credit because he's shortstacked.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      but I'm not giving him credit because he's shortstacked.

i dont understand that. But anyway, what about the fold preflop thing?

And betting again on the turn with your draw doesn't make sense at all. If villain had anything, even bottom pair, you only had 23.91% chance to win there.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would raise MP with KQ even against 2 limpers. You helenmaalnicks play against a lot better players than in NL 2, 5, 10- you are being 3-bet more and then you have to fold. On lower limits people would call worse hands than KQo On the turn I would check behind, because then you can fold if you didn´t hit anything on the river. He won´t fold to your all-in bet.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      c/f flop: He won't lay down any hand on this board.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      You helenmaalnicks play against a lot better players than in NL 2, 5, 10- you are being 3-bet more and then you have to fold.

My motto is: tight is right, if i hit, theyll pay me off anyway, so why should I play marginal hands?
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      My old SHC says raise/fold KQo from middle position.
      I use the old one, because I find it easier to look at, I'm used to it, and I don't really like some of the hands in the new one...

Well, I only got my outs from my overpair if I'm not facing trips here, what a solid player could have because of the open limp/call, but I'm not rating him as a solid player, since a solid player would not be short stacked.

EDIT: So I should never c-bet with a shortstack in the hand?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      No, I like your bet on the flop. He could easy limp/call with A9, J7, K8. Who knows these players- anyway he isn´t playing SSS because then he would openraise and you would fold your hand pre-flop.

Since I´ve played a lot of SSS I would bet out this flop when someone was limp/calling, because I´m not pot committed and I have good fold equity.
      On the turn I would recommend still check behind and see what river brings.

@ Helemaalnicks. KQ is way better hand on lower limits than you think. Since I´m big stack I don´t get re-raised worse hands than KQ. On A high board I can take down the pot, because they believe me have A, against check/raise or re-raise I would fold my TT-KK, so no problem there. If i hit my K then it is very often good against callingstations and he also plays good on JT9 board:D

Old SHC says bet/fold and no reason to play otherwise