I am unable to win in long sessions

• Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Hello all.

I have recently come to the realization that I am unable to win in long sessions. By this I mean that generally my longest sessions are also my biggest losing sessions. While I understand that psychologically maybe I don't want to quit down so I might be playing longer on average when I am losing, I shouldn't be losing ALL of my long sessions, right?

Below is a picture of my sessions with the most hands played from the last few months.

As you can see pretty much all of my long sessions are losing ones, with the others being just slightly above break even. Does anyone else have similar problems? I don't really know what to do except play shorter sessions, which sucks when I have a bunch of time and want to grind.
  • 9 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Don't play long sessions. If you want to play a long time, you can do it but do 5 minute breaks every 45 min, and you can go on for a much longer time and stay focused =)
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      sick grinder :D at best I can play like 1:30

maybe player adapts to you and exploit you? Because if you dont play many tables you should get nice reads by playing that long at same tables IMO.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Well only you can answer this.. Are you chasing losses or not? When a maniac just bluffs you out of a big pot and shows you or sucks out on you several times do you tilt and keep playing trying to win back the money from the bad player? Which you'd probably beat if not tilted but might not on tilt..

I myself noticed my longest sessions were losing ones too. And i don't like to quit when i'm down. But when i notice i'm not that focused anymore or tilting i just take a break.
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice all.

I do sometimes chase loses/tilt but I don't think that can explain all of my losing sessions. I guess I must just lose focus after a while or something. I will have to try experimenting with taking some short breaks. I always feel like I can't just sit out because I table select a lot and thus think "but the fish will be gone when I get back!" I should probably stop worrying about stuff like that though.

I have been playing very short sessions lately which has resulted in a massive heater(dug myself out of a $1400 hole in 3k hands :f_cool: ), but on the other hand is very bad for my volume.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      '...but on the other hand is very bad for my volume. '

Not much point in massive volume if it's losing money, surely?
      Play a bit shorter sessions and take a break every hour or so; I usually take 15 minutes...and panic ye not, the fish won't be gone when you get back, they're always swimming around somewhere. :)
      You could also try cutting the number of tables down after playing a while as you maybe lose concentration?
      GL.
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Bronze
      Longer sessions are harder to play,I find it's hard to stay focused you get reads but your villians do as well.I like 2 move tables every 90 minutes or so if your playing multi-tables move on some new players help you focus after a break
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      When i'm playing long sessions (Well, not to you, most I can manage is 3 hours :D ) I tend to take a break every hour. Just have 5 minutes to go get a drink, have a smoke, then come back to the tables refreshed again and focussed :)
    • wiselogo7
      wiselogo7
      Bronze
      I guess the main reason is the reads the other players have on you. Its quite visible that you play long hours. You should make your own notes and try to manipulate them. It will help u in the long run.
    • miakes
      miakes
      Bronze
      what difference does it make if you play long or short sessions? play more short sessions with pauses and problem solved