Video Discussion - durrrr Jams for $490k With 7-2

• DanielUK
      DanielUK
      Bronze
      This week we look at a video involving a $490k bluff on the river with 7 high. It's some classic durrrr action vs a bewildered Sammy George in durrrr's Million Dollar Challenge.

Only a few players in the world are capable of making bluffs like this and durrrr is certainly one of them. But what do you think of how the hand went down?

Did Sammy play it correctly? What prompted durrrr to believe this play would work?

Take a look at this massive bluff and let us know what you think.

• 12 replies
    • IIJonasII
      IIJonasII
      Bronze
      Just about river:
      if Sammy says truth and he calls flush like T9 its bad to fold A9 as played, durrr dont value shows here AJ so why he calls flushes and folds 2 pair, thats means he puts durrr on 3 exactly and this is not right.
    • hopeletron
      hopeletron
      Bronze
      This is not a hand you can judge just by watching the hand alone, I have watched the complete challenge and there is some hand history going up to this hand.

They were playing the seven deuce game, and durrrr said before the hand he had it, But the hand before he had it also so sammy put him on a big hand I think.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by hopeletron
      This is not a hand you can judge just by watching the hand alone, I have watched the complete challenge and there is some hand history going up to this hand.

They were playing the seven deuce game, and durrrr said before the hand he had it, But the hand before he had it also so sammy put him on a big hand I think.
      I think from watching the video that its pretty clear they are playing the 72 game. Really interesting hand and I think Durrrr puts Sammy on a small flush or AQxh
    • suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      I might be a donk, but don´t really see the purpose of check-raising the flop with two pair and then proceed to check the turn.

Check the turn for what reason?

The way I see it you should still bet for value unless another heart comes.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IIJonasII
      Just about river:
      if Sammy says truth and he calls flush like T9 its bad to fold A9 as played, durrr dont value shows here AJ so why he calls flushes and folds 2 pair, thats means he puts durrr on 3 exactly and this is not right.
      this... durrr is repping nut flush or boat. when you have A6 you have more blockers to the boat, so it's combinatorically harder to have one. when you have a flush you beat no value shoves and at the same time you block no value comboes. folding A6 and calling t9hh is ludicrous
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suaveplayer
      I might be a donk, but don´t really see the purpose of check-raising the flop with two pair and then proceed to check the turn.

Check the turn for what reason?

The way I see it you should still bet for value unless another heart comes.
      you prob are correct.
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Originally posted by hopeletron

I think from watching the video that its pretty clear they are playing the 72 game. Really interesting hand and I think Durrrr puts Sammy on a small flush or AQxh
      yeah i watched the whole thing when it first came out. they are playing the 72 game. i think this is the 3rd time some1 has tried it if i remember. i know for sure sammy did it earlier.
    • rhezz
      rhezz
      Bronze
      Sammy George is a fish...
      Checking that turn definitely opened up the possibility of being exploited on the river.

I'm a big fan of some Isildur style move instead -- Sammy, put all your chips in the pot before the river!!!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      im not even sure durrrr reps nut flush here, more like boat or 72, I say this because I don't understand what Kx hands he makes this strange preflop raise with.

by the river I am convinced that he reps 72 or AA no other hand, I mean lets think about his preflop raise, what does it mean? He raises big so hes either got 72 trying to take down the pot there to win the additional 10k, or AA trying to rep 72 (because it looks like he wants to take down the pot). By the river sammy should probably realise that durrrr reps only AA or 72, and he should realise since he has 1 A there is only 1 more combo of AA. I think if this were ivey in sammys spot he would be calling all day long. 2 reasons, 1) I think ivey realises what durrrr is doing here because he can hand read better and 2) ivey isn't as phased by the money. I mean If this were a 150k jam I think Sammy would make the call much more often, but he must be phased by the size of the pot, this is likely the biggest pot he has ever played, he looks at the board and realises how many combos beat him, although in reality durrrr probably doesn't have these combos in his range.

I think Sammy from the offset had the wrong idea about this hand, he didn't believe durrrr was polarised from his pfr, and on the river he also still believed durrrr wasn't polarised, I think this is kinda where he goes wrong, he claims he would "snap call" a flush, which is pretty retarded, it's pretty wrong to think durrrr would play a hand like AJ like that because why would durrrr shove for thin value here when he knows he is applying optimal pressure, durrrr would just bet like $120k or smth that Sammy would have to *sigh* call. Like I mean cmon durrrr never shoves worse than flush for value on this river IF he is ever depolarised, but tbh I think here he reps AA/72.

Just my 2c anyway.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      durrs actions aren't based on his holdings. his cards are irrelevent imo.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      What Lionel Andrés Messi is in football, Tom Durrr Dwan is in poker.

End of story. :D
    • fabio4711
      fabio4711
      Bronze
      Sick play by a player with amazing reading skills and big big balls!