How can I fight againts..."fate" ?

• BuchoCZ
      BuchoCZ
      Black
      STG: me AA (UTG) call... oponent raise, I reraise, he calls... flop Q33.. I go all in, he goes with... shows AQ.... turn Q....

last three times (and for whole last week) I´ve lost many times whole stack on matchups similar to this (90+%)... should I have a break? try to break it?...
  • 5 replies
    • mikeymoo
      mikeymoo
      Bronze
      If it's getting to you, take a break, and concentrate. Make sure oyu understand that you are making proper plays. Do not dwell on bad beats. Get your money in when you are best. That is all you can do.

As long as you are using proper bankroll management, you will be okay.

This is called variance. It happens to all of us.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi BuchoCZ!

I agree with mikeymoo. Just take a break, reread some articles, watch our coachings/videos and post your hands in our sample hands boards. This way you will calm down and improve your game simultaneously. Bad beats are part of the game. Accept it and try to play your A-game all the time.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      yes, and stop calling AA utg, i did that too sometimes, and it's not a good play.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Do you play BSS or SSS? I mean, taking a break is a good idea) In my opinion, the best you can do, during the break, (if suckouts bothers you too much) is to take some basic statistics course)

and reread helemaalnicks post 5 times at least)

Good luck !
    • BuchoCZ
      BuchoCZ
      Black
      ad AA UTG call: well, it was in situation, when EVERY single hand was raised preflop in order to steal blinds... so I didn´t want other to fold but I want them to force me to fold...

yes, badbeats are part of play but in such quantity... it is like curse :) I will try to take a break, but it is my personality to try hard until I succed in something... but I can see it is bad at poker :-/ well, thx for your advices guys, I will definitely try to post my hands here and other...