Bronze
      Hand 1
      Players:
      CO: 5,63
      BU: 2,38
      Hero: 5,01
      0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 2:spade: , 2:diamond:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0,04, 3 folds, CO raises to $0,16, BU calls $0,16, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,54) 9:club: , 9:heart: , 2:club: (3 players)
      Hero ???
      What is the best line here? bet/raise, check/raise or check/call? Please give reasons.

Hand 2
      Players:
      Hero: $4.88
      CO: $5.13
      0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3:club: , 3:diamond:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.04, BU calls $0.04, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.22) 3:spade: , 6:club: , 7:diamond: (5 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.16, CO raises to $0.52, 3 folds, Hero ???
      Do we have to fear a higher set here? How to react on the raise by CO?

Hand 3
      0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9:club: , 9:heart:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0,04, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0,08, 4 folds, BB calls $0,04, Hero calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,26) A:club: , Q:diamond: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero???
      What does our line look like for maximum value?
  • 6 replies
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Hand1 - check/call. There was a pf raise and a call so it is a good hand for slowplay.

Hand2 - Yes a higher set is possible as well as a striaght (45s is very common from a limper), but we cannot fold our set. I would bet $1.50 for information.

Hand3 -One miniraised from MP2 and a call.The flop is drawheavy so I wouldn´t risk it. Bet PSB.
    • RaidanKR
      RaidanKR
      Bronze
      Hand 1:

I like to check call the flop and c/r the turn. I have the nuts and its unlikely that any of my opponents outs are live, except if they have 9x and given pf action thats unlikely. If one holds 99, its a cooler. A c/raise on the flop represents too strong a hand. I want them to hit their flush/overpair to extract maximum value.

Hand 2:

I call the raise, bet about 2/3 pot on the turn and fold to a shove. Obv a set is a possibility, but you cant just fold everything except the nuts. We are beating everything except 66/77/straight. He is making this bet with 67, A7, 88+, probably AK. Pokerstove analysis:

Board: 3c 6d 7h
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 22.855% 22.15% 00.70% 66456 2103.00 { 66+, AKs, A7s, 76s, 54s, AKo, A7o, 76o, 54o }
      Hand 1: 77.145% 76.44% 00.70% 229308 2103.00 { 33 }

We can see that we are probably way ahead here. This is even excluding that this could be an attempt to steal on a dry board.

Hand 3

Its a drawy board, so I am not giving him a free play. We are likely way ahead here. There is only one still to act, and i dont like a c/raise here because its likely going to be checked around. I bet pot, and if I get reraised I aim to get it all in now.
    • comon
      comon
      Silver
      Hand 1
      check/raise, because CO is going to make continuation bet

Hand 2
      CO most propably have strong made hand (better set, straight) the only hand we beat is two pair. Fold here is propably best solution.

Hand 3
      we should bet here, because there is flush and straight draw out there.
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Hand 1:
      Check/call, we want our opponent to think that he has the best hand and we are not sure about ours. We also want him to hit something, so that we squeeze as much as possible out of him. On turn we check/raise him, but on flop - check/call is the best.

Hand 2:
      Come on, you'd almost never fold your set in real game situations. Set over set is possible but quite rare occasion, in most cases we face something else and especially at these limits - it's not very probable for someone to have us beat(our opponent is likely to hold ace seven, king sever or such). So we reraise here.

Hand 3:
      We make kind of small bet on flop, hoping to get raised by someone holding an ace. If just called, we set on with a pot bet on turn..
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      1) Check/call. Let them think we're on a flush draw or we're a fish.
      2) Raise and go all-in if needed. I'm willing to go broke on NL5 with bottom set as a lot of opponent play double pair, overpair, TPTK en sometimes even TPNK this way thinking they have the nuts. NL5 players are too stupid in general to throw this away.
      3) Bet out for protectino and hope he has an ace. If he doesn't, you don't get paid on microlimits.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hand 1
      I like to play c/c here, because we enable our opponent to make a continuation bet, this board even supports a preflop raiser in doing that. Moreover the button could also hold a PP and think he might be ahead against the range of a preflop raiser, so we can get more money in the pot by checking. Furthermore we do not have to protect on this board and we would run too many people away from this hand by check/raising.
      If your opponent appears to be a callingstation, who doesn’t give up his flushdraw or pocketpair on this board, you can donk directly on the flop. But this can also be a successful move against solid players. Because if the aggressor is holding AA or KK, he might think we just have a pocketpair like TT or 88 and want to steal the pot.

Hand 2
      First of all, I will always go broke with a set on the flop, it doesn’t matter if it is topset or buttomset, because in the long term hands like JJ+ will pay us off on such a flop. Even if we should lose against a higher set – this is just bad luck and next time we will have the higher one.
      It is hard to put someone on a hand in an unraised pot, thus the CO could have hands like 54, 76, 98, 99 or 77 in this case as well as AK, AA.
      Due to possible flushdraws in the hand we can raise on the flop again. If we just call and a 5 arrives on the turn, we will have to face a hard decision because 89 or 24 would make a straight here. Finally it depends on the opponent.

Hand 3
      We hit our set on the flop. There was just one miniraiser preflop, so you do not have to treat him like a preflop aggressor, who will likely make a continuation bet.

This is why I bet about $0,20 on the flop in order to reraise a possible raise (we are forced to protect something on the flop). If one or more opponents call, we will certainly bet the turn (if we didn’t hit the flush). If we hit the flush we will also get the option of playing c/c.