How to put someone on certan range

• Sinnology
      Hi guys!
      Can anyone pls point out good tutorial, book or video on how to put people on certan range.
      I personally have no clue how to do it and it scares me to be honest.
      On NL5 I can still get by without it, but feeling is nasty and I would appreciate any help towards improving that area of my game.

Best regards
  • 6 replies
    • yo2210
      If you never read it...let's go that's the 3 volume of Harrington and after that you will have a better vision of poker !
    • bradomurder
      Harrington on hold em cash games is a 2 volume book that made the breakthrough for me
    • ExternalUseOnly
      imo the best way to establish opponents ranges is experience the more you play the more you realise what someone will limp/raise/coldcall/3bet/4bet with. also if your using a HUD you can see how often they are playing hands which will help (but not do for you) with putting them on a range. and ofc notes make notes of any unusual plays and that will always help too. all obvious stuff really but more often than not the most obvious is the most helpful
    • NightFrostaSS
      Start with the way they play preflop and narrow it down by actions taken postflop based on a board texture, if facing aggression firstly try and figure out how you fare against their value range and then consider how wide is their bluffing range, if there is such at all.

Could explain in more details I guess, but doing session atm, ask if you want for me to expand later.
    • OZSA
      you need a HUD to know specific ranges, its kinda hard to memorize while multitabling. so if u got a hud and u see for example cbet % is 100% means he always cbets, then you check fold cbet to raise, if that number is high, means he doesnt like to fold on flop so he prolly continues with trash, a guy who has like 40% cbet, will check fold AK on 593, so you can 100% bet in position against such guys..its a long way, but i believe there are some videos about ranges, just check the video section for old vids and u will find. but first, get HEM/elephant
    • Sinnology
      Guys thanks a lot to all of you.
      NightFrostaSS it would be much appreciated if you could elaborate bit more about it,since I can relate to what you are saying.