Video Discussion - The Double Float

• DanielUK
      DanielUK
      Bronze
      This week we watch Dutch poker pro Michiel Brummelhuis makes a huge bluff against William Reynolds during the 2010 PCA High Roller Event final table.

He floats twice and then shoves the river with air. But was this executed to perfection or were there mistakes from either player along the way?

Watch the video and tell us what you think below.

• 9 replies
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      I think Michiel Brummelhuis did the nice bluff on the River with representing the Flush but it may be trouble if the River is not :heart: .
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      ballsy, not sure I like it too much, he only has 1/2 PSB on the river...but what do I know I haven't final tabled an event before.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      double barrel fold is fun :D
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I don't like it too much either.. very good river for him.. i mean it'd be hard to get him to fold if the river wasn't a heart. even though it's unlikely opponent hit that flop so he was probably putting him on a bluff..

But i prefer like reraising flop or turn if he did actualy put him on a bluff or weak hand like a low pp. Else i don't see why he'd ever call flop and turn since 20% of getting your scare card doesn't really justify risking all your chips on the river or calling those 2 bets.

But meh.. it really depends on the player.. and if he'd double barrel bluff on that board, and how he plays other hands that could hit that board and how he plays pp's..
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      I am checking the K high and hoping I'm good, not bluffing. From my point of view I am not getting any worse hands to call and not getting many better hands to fold. If I shove as a bluff my goal would be to get a pair or a weak ace to fold. K high has too much showdown value though. You can imagine SB raising with trash, cbetting with trash, then repping the A on the turn. K high is good a lot of the time so the bluff is not good IMO
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      It would be interesting to hear the guy comment on what his thought process was or if he picked up on something, cause just randomly floating twice does not make much sense and then he tops it off by shoving his K high which already said is a value hand at that point. That makes me think he knew he could get him of something pretending he is slowplaying a J(or better) which I personaly think he would shove the river with when checked to for 3/4 potsize bet.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      VNH. Obviously, those are the skills that making a difference between the elite and the mass! Well done to the Dutch guy, I am not sure if I can handle so well in his position (that's why maybe I am still play the micro :D )
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      VNH. Obviously, those are the skills that making a difference between the elite and the mass! Well done to the Dutch guy, I am not sure if I can handle so well in his position (that's why maybe I am still play the micro :D )
      I disagree, I think its pretty terrible, especially pre flop.
    • fabio4711
      fabio4711
      Bronze
      Amazing play, but a bit too risky on a final table. Think he picked up a tell.

F